❀23❀

"I feel like a child again."

"Love, I got you something," Jisung says

"Love, I got you something," Jisung says. None of the Dreamies are in the hideout at the moment, having other classes they have to attend to. That and Chenle wants to leave them alone.

Hwara looks up from her phone before furrowing her eyebrows at the object in his hand. "Why did you get me a journal?"

Jisung takes a seat next to the girl before placing the journal and markers in her hand. "If I'm going to teach you, you have to take notes. That way you can look over it."

"This is really Emotions 101, huh."

"I—sure. Why not?" Jisung mumbles. He's going to have to be patient to teach her emotions—if it'll even work. "Let's start with something easy. Pain."

Reluctantly, Hwara opens up the journal before beginning to jot down the words. Hwara's always been studious because she wants knowledge. As of right now, she's treating emotions as knowledge, something she can learn like flashcards.

"It's a feeling you get when your hurt—either physically or emotionally. Remember when you got shot two months ago?"

Hwara pauses, thinks back, and nods her head, turning to look at Jisung. "Yeah, Renjun fixed me up."

Jisung nods his head before continuing to ask questions. "How did that feel, physically?"

Hwara ponders about it. How did it feel? She wasn't really caring about it back then, but it felt like her head was screaming at her to fix it. The wound itself was burning with a sensation that she didn't like.

Instead of answering Jisung, she writes it down as Jisung reads through her writing. She's actually getting it.

"Okay, next we'll talk about the infinitive 'to miss.' Basically, to miss something or someone is like feeling lonely or bored when thinking about it. It's hard to explain. You know how you were grounded for an entire week when you first joined the gang? How did you feel when you thought about going outside?"

"I wanted to feel the sun. I wanted to go outside. But I knew I couldn't. It felt like I was longing for it, in a way."

Jisung smiles, satisfied. He's happy that his irregular amount of talking isn't going to waste. He just hopes that once she meets her soulmate, they'll be able to help her. Somewhere inside him, though, the thought of her meeting her soulmate is heavy.

"That's good. That's a way one feels when they miss something."

Hwara nods her head, proceeding to write it down again. She found this extremely interesting. Of course, Sungchan and Jaehyun tried to explain it to her, but she didn't understand it. They didn't understand how she learns things, and it just confused her more. She didn't like the pressure of having to show them good results.