❀56❀

"Eventually, everything connects."

NCT and their allied forces are extremely prepared to take down Octris once and for all

NCT and their allied forces are extremely prepared to take down Octris once and for all. Of course, they also have the purpose of saving Hwara and Jisung—that's the main reason they're doing this raid an entire month earlier than initially planned. Every single person has a key part.

The big five groups—BTS, NCT, Monsta X, EXO, SVT—as well as long-time allies Shinee and Got7 were all prepared, every single one in their mini-units ready to do their task. The forces of the five have been split into front-line fighters, second-wave fighters, hackers, on-sight medics, major-injury medics, and rescue teams. It was important they get this right—this could be their last chance to take down the pesky but huge mafia before it took over them.

"Hey what's up man?" an English voice echoes throughout the outdoor fields of their stakeout, trying to get a slight advantage over Octris.

Lucas turns around to see the affluent and long-time friend from Hong Kong, Jackson Wang. As a member of Got7 as well as the owner of Team Wang, a weapon manufacturing and retail branch for the mafia world, he was the one who helped them get all the firearms they needed

"Jackson! How are you?!"

Surrounded in a circle of salt, Chenyuan sits in the middle with her eyes closed and hair untamed, brushing her face due to the light winds. Around the circle in concern are some of the WayV members—in particular, Kun and Winwin. Having taken care of Chenyuan for a long time while Winwin was in Korea, Kun couldn't help but feel a protective sense over the girl despite her being more than capable of the strongest of spells.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" a concerned Winwin asks, speaking up after a consecutive silence.

Chenyuan rolls her eyes, annoyed that her brother has asked this for the tenth time alone in the past hour. "Yes, I'll be fine. Don't worry it's nothing I can't handle."

Although he's unconvinced it's time for their unit to take off to head for the base as front-line fighters.

Happy about the peace and quiet, Chenyuan closes her eyes, steadying her breath before starting the exchange.

She can feel the pain of her mind and consciousness being ripped out, the painful feeling almost making her want to quit.

Her job?

She has to take counteract and take down the black witches that Lee Taejin must be using, giving an easier chance for them to find the two members.

"Evystum malus evystus cruxia," she starts to chant.

Soon her mind is met with a big wall, one that she has to overcome if she'll ever be able to cancel that spell.

Five minutes later, she's managed to lower the spell for exactly a minute, working hard to maintain it but ultimately failing. Wiping her now bloody nose, she closes her eyes again for round two.