❀40❀

"I want to know it all—your darkest secrets and deepest fears."

NCT

NCT

Wolf Mama
everyone needs to be on standby for backup
if there are exceptions
ill separately text you

You

Wolf Mama
you and jisung are staying back
jisung has something valuable
instead, i need you to raid AXIS's base
the files will be sent to yours and jisungs burner phone

Hwara stares at the messages, slightly dumbfounded. How does Taeyong expect Jisung and I to raid a gang on their own when I'm injured? Wait, am I even wearing my leg brace right now? Why doesn't my stomach hurt?

Checking her leg and stomach by feeling around, Hwara's eyes widen as she taps Jisung on the shoulder, causing the boy to sit up as he snaps out of his thoughts. "What?"

"My injuries, they're all healed."

"What? How—do you think it was from...uh...last night?" Jisung asks, scratching the back of his neck as his face flushes at the thought of the night before.

"Maybe. Also, check your te—why is your face red?" Hwara says, eyes filling with worry. "Are you sick?"

Jisung rapidly shakes his head, patting his cheeks to hopefully take away the heat from his face. "Don't worry about it."

Hwara shrugs before handing him her phone, standing up to dust herself off, wiping away the crumbs of her sandwich.

Jisung's eyebrows furrow at the text. He doesn't have anything valuable on him except for the Elris files, which he knows aren't that important. Jisung hands Hwara's phone back to her before opening up his own phone, seeing what Taeyong texted him.

Taeyong

stay back with hwara

octris may have come for her
do the raid on axis
we need their files now

Oh, he was just making up an excuse for Hwara. Nodding his head to the message, Jisung quickly deletes it, making sure Hwara doesn't see it. She'll probably hate being protected.

With AXIS, they're actually a gang under NCT, but NCT's been wanting to cut ties for months now. AXIS seems to be more of a liability than a helpful group of members, so it's better to cut ties. If AXIS loses their files not knowing who it is, especially when it's entrusted to them by NCT, they would be forced to cut ties with NCT due to the contract and the strict rules set by Taeyong to prevent moles. It all works in NCT's favor.

It's a mission Jisung knew about, but he was going to do with Hwara after she fully heals. Well, she's fully healed now.

Sighing, Jisung stands up as well, and both of them walk back to the car. How are they even supposed to prepare if they can't go back to the base?