The Meeting-Part 2

Y/n's POV-

Danny: Good luck with that
Me: Thanks
Me: Speaking of, I should probably get going if I want to be in time...
Danny: Have fuuuuun
Me: <3

I have half an hour to get to work, leaving me 5 minutes of spare time for interruptions and such. I quickly finish the rest of my coffee and place the cup in the sink, which I plan to wash when I return home. I exit through the door and lock it behind me. I make my way down the hall way s as s into to the elevator, pressing the button for the lobby. The elevator arrives and the doors open, allowing me to enter. I watch the doors close and tap my foot, impatiently, waiting for it to reach the lobby floor. The elevator finally stops and re-opens it's doors freeing my from its containment.

I walk through the lobby and get outside into the fresh, chilly air. I take a second to look at my surroundings then start my short walk to the tube(the London Underground). Upon my arrival, I buy myself a ticket and ready myself for boarding the train. Luckily, I got there just before the train did and got to get on it almost instantly as I stepped onto the platform.

The train wasn't as crammed as I thought it would be today, meaning I'm actually able to grasp myself a seat. About ten minutes into the ride a elderly women steps onto the train and is in need of a seat. Unfortunately, there are none available, so I offer her the seat I was formally in. For the remaining time on the train, everything went accordingly, I hardly even got nudged.

The train reaches my destination and I gracefully hop off. I get out of the station and continue walking over to the office with time to spare. I head into the office building, where I am greeted by Linda at the reception desk. "Hey Y/n, if you just want to go up to your office, I can buzz when the boss is ready for your meeting." Linda states. I flash her a smile, "That would be great, thank you." I reply.

I go into, yet another, elevator and make my way up to my office. Once in my office I place my things down and check my calendar to see if I have any other things needed to be taken care of, other than the up coming meeting. I notice a small box, reminding me to write a report on the results of a social media advertising campaign. I dread having to write out the report.

Suddenly, I hear the intercom by the door buzz and Linda voice echo out of it. This office could really use an update in its technology.  "The boss is ready for the meeting now," Linda announces, "feel free to knock on his door". I press the button on the intercom and thank Linda.

I make my way back over to my desk and collect my things that I brought with me. Afterwards, I exit my office and begin my travel over to the rendezvous. Eventually, I get to the confluence and am met by my boss, waiting for me. "Good Morning, Y/n" he greets. "Morning, Sir" I greet back. We sit down at his desk, him being in the chair opposite me, seemingly overbearing. I make myself comfortable, preparing for what could be a incredibly boring meeting.

Through the meeting we talk about expenses and travelling. He tells me that all my expenses would be paid for including food, travel, hospitality and all other necessities. However, he also tells me that I would have to organise where I would be staying myself. Luckily, I don't have to organise the flight over there or back. I find out that my flight would leave in the morning and arrive in the evening, after an 11 hour plane ride. I become aware that I would have my own office at the headquarters in California and that a would be accompanying a team of multiple media specialist. Out of all the people on the team, I would be the youngest, which doesn't surprise me.

I end up writing down all the information I'm given and the meeting ends, a hour and a half after I stepped into the office. Being honest, it stresses me out, having to organise a place to stay in another continent, let alone another country. I should ask Danny if he knows any good hotels I could stay at, that aren't in a bad area. I bid my boss 'goodbye' and go back into my own office.

I sit down at my desk and turn on the computer. I log into my account and open up Google. Clicking on the search bar, I type in 'Hotels in California' with hope to find a decent one to stay in. I find myself humming the song 'Hotel California' and giggle at myself. I see a notification pop up on my phone, it's a message from Danny.
Danny: Hey
Danny: Are you out of your meeting yet?

I look at the notifications and quickly open them up. I respond...
Me: Yeah! :)
Me: Why?
I decide to only send short messages, so I can focus on find a hotel to stay in. I try my best not to come off as rude. I see that he is typing and wonder what he is saying.

Danny: Can you FaceTime?
Me: Sure, but I'll have to be quiet, I'm in my office :)
Up pops the call screen with Danny's contact name displayed along the top, 'My Prince 👑'. I press the answer icon and am met with Danny sitting at his own desk. "Hello, welcome to my office..." I say.

A/n: Thank you so much, I cannot express the gratitude I have for you guys. As of this update, this story has 2.5k reads and slightly over 100 votes. I never expected to get here so fast and just to say that I appreciate those of you that have stuck around, and those of you who are new. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a good day or night <3