A place to stay

Danny's POV-

After talking to Y/n for a bit, she tells me that she needs to find a place to situate herself at while in LA. Immediately I think to myself, 'what if she were to stay with me?'. I put the thought to the side for the moment and instead offer help in her search, which she politely accepts. I take a second to scan her surroundings. She appear to be in a modern looking office, the desk is made of glass and the view from her window over looks the London sky line. The room has quite a sleek aesthetic to it.

Y/n turn to look at her phone, noticing my interest. "Like what you see?" She asks. She catches my off guard, causing to me to stutter in my reply, "Y-yeah, the office seems nice..." I can't help but feel slightly embarrassed from my stuttering. A small smirk makes its way onto her face, clearly entertained by my reaction. Looking at my own person, through to FaceTime call, I see that I've grown a minor blush across my cheeks. I try and think of a way to quickly change the topic and focus on something else.

"Um... would you like to, maybe, stay with me while your in California?" against what my mind was telling me, I begin to ramble. "Of course, if you were to stay with me we would be in different rooms, and I wouldn't be returning home until the 29th, so you would have to be in a hotel for a few days, but it would be a lot cheaper and you wouldn't have to worry about being uncomfortable or in a bad area. But, obviously, it's up to you if you want, you don't have to..."

Y/n stares at me blankly, as I wait for a reply, not making eye contact out of nervousness. Eventually, she speaks up, "Sure! That's sound fun, we can message about the details, but I've got to head home now. So... see ya." I sigh out of relief. "See ya." I end the call.

Y/n's POV-

As the call ends, I begin to panic. Danny actually offered for me to stay with him, in his apartment, the two of us together! "Haha!" I laugh in shock, "what! I- how is this happening?" Realisation washes over me. I still need to find a hotel for the meanwhile that I won't be at Danny's place. For now though, I need to get back to my own apartment. Gathering my things, I start my journey home.

~Time skip(Christmas day)~

I had just gotten home from my parents and am currently finishing off packing for LA. Stupidly, on my behalf, I had left packing to last minute and was now rushing to get everything sorted so I can get a good nights sleep, before having to wake up early in the morning. With my suitcases sat on my bed, I scrummage through my wardrobe in search of both formal and casual attire.

I find and dress hung up in my wardrobe, long and flowing, a slit on the right thigh which ends at the hem, the colour is an elegant blue. I think back to when I saw it with Hannah, I instantly new it was something I wanted and worked my butt off to be able to afford it. When I was finally able buy it, Hannah and I, immediately went to got get it. It was the first time I had spent my own hard worked money on something other than necessities and other people. It was an amazing feeling.

I neatly fold the dress and delicately set it into suitcase I designated for clothes. Grabbing a few more outfits, I figure that I have enough for my month long stay and maybe some extra. Now looking for things that I may need to take other than clothes is my focus. I pack my laptop, my chargers, work equipment, folders and some other 'must takes'.

Both my cases are fully packed and I can finally get some sleep. I remove the suitcases off of my bed and crawl underneath the blankets. Just before I go to sleep I send Danny a goodnight message.
Me: Goodnight ✨❤️
I place my phone on the nightstand and rest my head on my pillow. Just as I'm about to drift to sleep I see my phone screen light up and a follow up message from Danny appears.
Danny: Have a good sleep ❤️
I smile as I fall asleep.

A/n: Thank you for those who stuck around during my break, and hello to any new readers. While I was on my break this story surpassed 4K reads and as always I am very appreciative to those who have taken time from their day to read this. I just want you guys to know that I won't be sticking to a schedule for updating, like I did before, so I can prioritise my mental health. I hope you have a good day or night <3