Run in

Y/n's POV-

It was finally time for my lunch break, and time for me to go meet Cassie at the coffee shop. I left most of my things in my office and just brought my phone and purse with me. I've just about reached the shop when I see someone step out of the shop, look left to right, and make direct eye contact with me. It's Cassie. I walk up to her and greet her, she wraps her arms around, embracing me with a hug that I wasn't quite prepared for, nor comfortable with, but I'll let it slide. "Hi, how are you?" Cassie asks as she holds open the door to let me in.

I enter the shop and engage in the conversation with her, "Hey, I'm doing okay, you?" I answer. Luckily, because Cassie works here, we don't have to wait in line and Cassie can go behind the counter and make our drinks. Before Cassie goes and make our drinks she says "I'm good, you have black iced coffee, right?" to which I nod at, "okay, go sit down and I'll be right there." I smile and she walks away, while I go find a table to sit at. I spot a three person table not to far away from the counter and out of the way of the center of the seating area and go over to sit down, as it looks like there are no two seaters available.

Danny's POV-

I cross the road and see the shop. I head over to the shop and open the door, stepping inside. I go right into the line, which thankfully isn't that long. Behind the counter I see three people. One of the was in the corner with a mop, cleaning the floor. Another was at the register raking orders, and the last was seemingly making some drinks, however they didn't have their apron on like the rest of the employees, I wonder why. After about a minutes wait, it's finally my turn to order. I order a simple black coffee. It's served up rather quickly little to my surprise as it's such a easy to make order.

I grab my drink and turn to leave, but as I do so, I see Y/n sitting down at one of the tables. 'She must be on her lunch break' I think to myself. I walk towards her and tap on her shoulder. She turns to face and a smile immediately rises upon her face. "Hey!" She greets, "Do you wanna sit down? I just grabbing a drink with Cassie." I take up the offer and sit in the seat next to her, "Sure" I respond.

Cassie's POV-

I finish making the drinks, pick them up and turn around to see some guy sitting with Y/n. 'Why the hell is he sitting with them?' I question internally. I carry the drinks over to them and sit down in front of Y/n. "Here's your drink," I place the drinks down on the table, "who's this?" I ask her, trying to address the guy as little as possible, but at the same time, trying to not look rude in front on Y/n.

Y/n introduces us to each other after I sit down. Turns out this guys name is Danny and he's the person she's been staying with while in LA. I don't like how he gains all her attention in a matter of seconds, we could be talking and then he joins in and she instantly fixes her focus onto her. It's not fair.

Danny's POV-

The girl who I believe to be Cassie sits down at the table across from Y/n and I, she places down Y/n's drink, a black iced coffee, and then places down her own, some pink fruity drink, the complete opposite of ours. As time went on, there were moments where it felt like Cassie was burning holes into my souls with how hard she was glaring at me. What's got her to dislike me this much? "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, be right back!" Y/n say, standing up and walking away. That leaves just me and Cassie, alone, together, great...

A/n: Thank you for 38k reads! Hope you have a good day or night <3