Telling Danny

Y/n's POV-

After the call ends I blankly stare at my phone, shocked. I begin the pace back and forth. I'm unsure what to do, who to tell, and a million questions are running through my head.  "Where will I stay? Where in LA would I be located? Why am I being sent there anyway? Will Danny be back in California then?" I think out loud, "Wait Danny- I should tell Danny, maybe we could meet up!" I feel myself getting excited.

Then I start to get self-conscious,  "Would he even want to meet? Oh god..." I spill out my thoughts openly. In attempt to not let the stress get to me, I head to my kitchen and get myself a glass of water, placing my phone on the counter. Unfortunately, the water didn't help with the stress, although it did give me some time to think. Decidedly, I pick up my phone and call Danny, unaware if he was still on his flight or not.

I wait out the rings to be greeted by an automated message saying to leave a voicemail. I sigh but leave one anyway. Anxiously, I say "Hey... guess who just got some news, me. My boss gave me a promotion, which is pretty cool. He also told me I'd be going to LA for a month, straight after Christmas. Basically, I was just wondering if you'd be back by then and if, maybe, you would want to meet up? You don't have to I just though it could be nice to finally meet up but, it's up to you.  Anyway, hope you had a good flight" I leave my message and end the call.

Speaking of meeting just reminded me that my sibling and Hannah wanted us to spend New Years together. I quickly open my group chat with them, to inform them I won't be able be there.
Me: Hello
Me: Bad news...
Me: I won't be able to hang out with you guys on New Years I have to go to LA for work and won't be back in time sorry 😔
For the second time today I sigh, feeling bad on ditching two of the most important people to me on New Years.

Danny's POV-
~Time Skip~

I had just of the plane and was waiting for my luggage when I think to check my phone of any notifications. I see that I had a miss call from Y/n about an hour ago. I see my suitcase come closer and grab it before it drifts away. Looking back to my phone, I notice she left a voicemail and choose to listen to it when I am in a less crowded location and can hear it properly. I call an Uber as I leave the airport, ready to head to my parent's house.

A few minutes pass by and my Uber eventually arrives. The journey to my parent's wasn't too long, I enjoyed feeling less cramped ip then I was in the plane seat but, it still isn't as comfy as my bed would be. As the car pulls up to the house I take in the view of the home that welcomes me. I thank the driver and step out of the vehicle, closing its door behind me. I walk up to the door and knock thrice. The door opens and I'm enveloped in a hug from my mother. Soon enough I hear my father making his way to me, as well.

My mom lets go, just for me to be embraced in another hug by my dad. I say my 'hello's to them, then make my way to my room to get situated. I begin to unpack when I remember that I had a voicemail from Y/n. I grab my phone and tap on the voicemail, bringing my phone to my ear. When I hear that she got a promotion, I can't help but feel happy for her, a smile forms on my face. Then I hear the unexpected.

I can't believe Y/n is coming to America, let alone the same state as me.  And, she wants to meet up. I chuckle at my reaction of shock. I will admit, I would love to meet up with her but it saddens me that I won't be able to see her as soon as she arrives, because I don't get back to California until the 29th. The voicemail, being finished, leaves my phone screen on the calling app, tempting me to call back Y/n. I open her contact and tap the call icon. It rings a couple of times, then she picks up. "Hello?" She says in a questioning tone.

"Hey Princess."

A/n: Hellooo there! I was wondering if any of you would be interested, if I were to make a (wholesome)one-shot book for Danny, if you are please let me know. As always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and a new one will be out soon. Have a good day or night <3