A Flight

Danny's POV-

As I was waiting to board my plane I decided to message my best friend and some how we ended up on the topic of  Y/n. I explained how we met and how I felt about her. I expressed my want to meet her in person instead of over FaceTime. He tried to suggest that I loved her, but I told him that, that was too fast, after all we've only know each other for roughly a month. He eventually dropped it.

We moved onto talking about what videos I'll be making for YouTube when my flight was called and I had to message him goodbye. I grabbed my backpack, then quickly drank the rest of my hot chocolate, dropping it into the bin as I stood up from my seat. I slipped my phone into my carry on, and pulled out my ticket. I waited for my section to be called up and made my way over to the gate entry.

I handed in my ticket and boarded the plane. I settled myself into my seat and got comfortable for the upcoming journey. Soon enough, the seatbelt light turned on and I buckled up my belt. Not too far into the flight, the plane had finally breached the clouds and the view was amazing. If only Y/n could see it with me.

I pull phone from by bag, by my legs, to take a picture of the view. I smile looking at the picture, thinking about if  Y/n would like it. I scroll through my camera roll, inspecting the photos I have saved of  Y/n and myself on FaceTime, and done to the ones she had sent me by Snapchat. I turn my phone off and slide it back into my backpack.

I lean my head back and think about some of the things we had talked about recently. The other day, we had joked about the small break I'm taking.

*Flashback*
With my phone on speaker, I lay on my pillow, laughing along with Y/n.  "I guess that means I get all the exclusive content, ey?" She giggles. I immediately feel my heart lighten from how angelic she sounds.  Although, sometimes she can laugh like a hyena and those can be quite contagious. "The stans wish they were you." I state, dramatising the verb 'wish'.
*End of Flashback*

We laughed the night away.

Y/n's POV-

I'm sitting in my living room and I get a call from my boss.  "Hello, Y/n?" He questions. I wonder what he could be calling for and why it was during my work hours. "Yes, how may I help you?" I reply with a question of my own. I attempt to keep my tone sounding professional as possible and not like I'm extremely exhausted and confused.

"I have some news for you, both good and bad." My pulse quickens, anxious on what the news could be.
I respond with a quiet yet querying tone, "that being...". I feel nerves begin to build up in me, not really wanting to receive any bad news.

"Well, good news, I'm giving you a promotion to assistant-head media manager, bad news, i need to to fly out to LA for a month, the day after Christmas." I gasp at both pieces of news. I'm excited to be getting a promotion, but shocked and kind of disappointed on missing out on New Years with my sibling and Hannah. "Wow, thank you, can I come into the office Thursday and talk about the term of the trip?" I ask. "Definitely, I'll have Linda set up a meeting, have a good day." He ends the call before I could say 'goodbye'.

A/n: Thank you, thank you soooo much for 1.25k reads and 70 votes. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a one-shot book(SFW) about Danny. Please let me know, as it would get me more motivated to produce it. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and hope you have a wonderful day or night <3