Nerves

Third person's POV-

Today had been a long day for Y/n. She knew that tomorrow she would be meeting the guy she'd been talking to for months now. Her day went as followed: she woke up, had breakfast, got ready for work, went to Starbucks and got some coffee, headed to work, spent a couple of hours in a meeting, had lunch, did more work, and now here she is with one hour left until she can go home, anxiously tapping her foot away.

Y/n was waiting for a call from small magazine that was asking for some promotion. She had discussed it in the meeting earlier and was told to decline the offer. She always felt guilty for turning people down, even if she had no other choice to. Suddenly, the phone started ringing and Y/n had to pick it up.

~Time skip~

The call went on for about half an hour, Y/n told them that their offer was being turned down, with which they tried to negotiate another offer that was also turned down. Y/n wished them luck in their endeavours and said goodbye. As she put down the phone she sighed and looked up to the clock, 'not long to go' she thought. She chose to send some emails for the rest of the time until she could go home.

Sending one last email, Y/n look to the clock again, seeing that there was a minute left of her shift. Knowing that information, she begins to pack away her things. The clock turns five and Y/n is finally allowed to leave and go back to the hotel. On her way back to the hotel, Y/n stops and goes into a shop quickly, to buy a few energy drinks and snacks. After paying, she continues on her way.

Y/n arrives at the hotel and walks straight into the elevator. She presses the button for the floor she's staying on and waits for the doors to close. The doors close, the elevator music commences and the metal box begins to rise. It eventually reaches the floor and the doors open, as she steps out an elderly couple steps in, to whom she smiles at when passing. Y/n locates her room, unlocks the door and goes inside, locking the door behind her.

Y/n's POV-

I'm relieved to finally be out of work however, as time goes on my nerves for tomorrow build. Danny should be arriving at his apartment around 1pm and begin moving his stuff back in, and then once I'm off work he's going to give me his address and I will take my luggage there with me and he will introduce me to his roommates and show me where I will be staying. Of course I will help him with moving back in, it's the least I can do.

As I lock the door behind me, I let my shoulders relax and slouch slightly. I hang my bag up, from the corner of a chair, and then grab some pjs to change into. Taking the clothes into the bathroom with me, I place them on the countertop and shift towards the shower. I turn on the warm water and begin to undress while it heats up. As I step under the shower head, and the water runs over me, I sigh. It feel like I've been doing that a lot lately, sighing.

Now done with my shower, I dry myself if with a towel and change into my pjs. I use a second towel to wrap my hair for the meanwhile. I make my way back into the bedroom and walk over to my bag, retrieving my phone from within its pockets. Pressing the power button, my screen lights up and I notice that Danny had messaged me.

Danny: Hey!
Danny: Excited for tomorrow?
Me: Yeah!
Me: A bit nervous though 😬
Danny: Everything is going to be fine...
Danny: I'm sure my roommates will like you!

I didn't even think about what Danny's roommates would think of me. I've been so caught up on what Danny would think of me and what would happen when we finally meet. How could I not take into consideration what his roommates impressions would be? I groan and flop onto the bed.

Me: Are you sure?
Me: I don't want to bother anyone
Danny: There's nothing to worry about
Danny: You're a very likeable person and I'm sure everything is going to go smoothly

Danny's POV-

If I'm being honest, I'm also slightly worried. I just hope Y/n doesn't think bad of me when we meet. At least I know I'm not the only one out of us who has some concerns. I was telling the truth, mostly, Y/n is a very likeable girl, she has a great personality, however, I'm not too sure if everything will run smoothly. After all, during most of her first week staying with me and my roommates, I'll be busy moving my stuff back into the apartment. And, not long after I start uni again. Even though we'll both be busy with school and work, we can always hang out on the weekends. We can watch anime or go out to eat. Y/n and I even talked about making TikToks together, to see how our followers would react. God, I can't wait to see her.

Y/n's POV-

Me: Thank you for reassuring me 😽
Me: What about you? How are you feeling? 🧐
Danny: Slightly nervous but overall excited
Danny: It's going to be nice to meet you at last
Me: I can't wait
Me: And slight warning
Me: If I laugh a lot it's just because I laugh when nervous 😅
Danny: Hey I'll be nervous with you
Me: Thank god 😆
Danny: Well I still need to pack somethings but I'll talk to you tomorrow
Me: Okay goodnight
Me: Don't forget to get a decent sleep!
Danny: I will goodnight

I put my phone down on the bed, a smile strung on my face. I'm starting to get tired, so I stand up from bed and unwrap my hair, to begin towel drying it. I dry my hair mostly and then decide to let it fully dry while I sleep. I walk back into the bathroom, hang up the towel and brush my teeth. After that, I walk back out, grab my phone once more and set an alarm, slightly earlier than usual. Once the alarm is set, I place my phone on the bedside table and get into bed. I get comfy, close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.

A/n: Woah! 11k reads, that's awesome! Thank you guys. I made this chapter a little bit longer so I can get the meeting chapter out to you lot sooner, instead of having to wait another chapter. Anyway, hope you have a good day or night <3