Distance

Y/n's POV-

After talking to Danny for a couple hours, we got to know each other a little better and found out we had some things in common. The thing I took notice to the most was the anime addictions. Though, out tastes in anime are very different, he convinced me to watch Tokyo Ghoul, which I'm kinda nervous to watch and don't know what to expect.

One thing different we found out was that we live in completely different countries. Danny lives all the way in America, meanwhile I'm here stuck in England. It's not that I don't like being in England... I just am not a big fan of the people here. I live alone and, as far as I'm aware, I don't have any family here other than (sibling). I also feel as if being in America would be better for my career. But it's not very likely that I move there anytime soon, after all I am only 18.

~Time skip~

I stretch and yawn as I get up out of the bed for the morning, i walk over to the mirror, dragging my feet along the way, and look at myself. Yet again, I have woken up, a complete utter mess. I take my self out into the kitchen, open the cupboard and pick up a mug, placing it down on the counter. I check whether the kettle is full or not, luckily it is, and flick the switch. I take two sugar cubes out of their jar and plop them in the mug, along with some coffee grains. I hear the kettle click and finish boiling, so I go to grab it, unfortunately my hand was a few centimetres off and I burnt my hand on the side of the kettle. That's sure to wake me up. I quickly run my hand under some could water, then finish making my coffee.

I take a sip of my well earned coffee and take it with me back into my room, putting it on the coaster on my desk. I step towards my bed and try to locate my phone, eventually I hear a thud which turns out to be my phone rolling off my bed, great. I turn on my phone, finding I still had my messages open with Danny. I read the last texts we sent.
Me: Well I had a great time talking to you but I better get to sleep if I ever wanna wake up...
Danny: Time zones suck... anyway have a good sleep
Me: I'll try good night!
Danny: Good night princess
I get flustered at the nickname I had gained, but not really sure to be insulted or not. Eek.

I walk over to my desk, ready to work from home in my pjs all day. I open my laptop and get to work.

Danny's POV-
(It's the night before, after Y/n has gone to sleep)

Looking at the messages, I stare at the pet name I called Y/n, regretting my choice. I barely know her and I called her "princess", we had only spoken for a few hours! Anxiety sets in, and I begin to worry how she may have taken it. To take my mind off of it decide to look at the comments of my most recent YouTube video. I made another fanfiction video.

I look through the comment section and come across one that says they had written one without and smut. Knowing that a smut-less fanfiction about me was rare I decide to read it before going to sleep myself. It's called "Internet Boy" (see what I did there ;P hehe), I read it for a bit until I find it was incomplete and add it to my library. For the next couple of hours I scroll through TikTok, then head to bed.

Y/n's POV-
~time skip~

After working for a bit, I take a peek at the clock on my wall, realising that it is time for my lunch break. I make the decision to message Danny, hoping that he's awake.
Me: Hellooo Danny boy
Me: Have you woken from thy slumber?
I wait place my phone down while I walk to the kitchen grabbing leftovers out of the fridge. I return to my desk seeing he had replied.
Danny: Hey yeah I have
Danny: That may be the first time I've been asked if I'm awake lie that 😆
I look at his reply, while shovelling food into my mouth. I think for a second on how to reply.
Me: The would just be my inner DM slipping out 😬✌🏻oops
Danny: You play D&D?
I look at my phone shocked that he actually understands what I'm talking about.
Me: Yeah!
Me: Only through the comfort of my computer screen
I finish my food and chuck the container into the bin.
Danny: Really? That's kinda cool
Danny: We should play sometime!
Me: Only if I get to be DM 🥺😇
Danny: Deal 🤝
Me: Yay!

Danny's POV-

Y/n: Yay!
I see her message and smile, aware that I'll get to see her soon, and although it may only be through a computer screen I'm still excited.
Y/n: I've got to get back to work so talk to you soon ✌🏻😚
I chuckle at the emojis she uses.
Me: Talk to you soon 👋🏻
Considering I had been awake for less than an hour, I get up, stretch, and get ready for the day.

After getting ready I recorded and post a few TikToks for the day, then look at my notifications. I see one that catches my eye.
@(Your TikTok username) has followed you
Curious, I go and watch a few of her TikToks, at the same time double checking that it was her. I laugh at a few of them, finding it funny about how passionate she is about some of the anime's she watches. I watch one of her more recent videos, where she rambling about how she's nervous to watch Tokyo Ghoul. I can't help but comment on the video.
Me: You have to go through with it... you promised me!

I put my phone down, biting my finger while think of what to do for the rest of the day, which Is when I my phone ping. It's a notification from Y/n.

A/n: This chapter was longer than the last, so I hope you preferred this length. If you have any criticism(positive please) feel free to let me know, but no hate, thank you! If you have any request please comment them, as I am very likely to read all comments :) Hope you have a good day!