Comfort in the night

Idea creds: @mount_jamoose

Y/n's POV-

Not matter what I do I can't get back to sleep. This storm woke me up, and all the loud crashing of thunder and lightning is keeping me up. I hate storms so much, they're loud and scary. In yet another attempt to return to sleep, I toss and turn under the covers, hoping the layers will block out the noise. Seems like I won't be getting any sleep tonight. 'Might as well get a glass of water' I think to myself, getting out of the warmth of my bed.

I make my way out of my room, down the hallway, and into the kitchen. I get a cup and fill it with water. As I sip from the water I hear a set of footsteps from the hallway. Out of said hallway appears Danny, seems like he, also, hasn't had any good sleep. "Can't sleep 'cause of the storm?" He asks. I take another sip of my water, then reply "No, you?" He walks over to the counter near me and leans upon it. "Nope," He retorts, "wanna chill in my room for a bit?" The suggestion caught me off guard slightly, but I agree to it.

~Time Skip~
Third person's POV-

Danny and Y/n ended up watching anime again. They were about three episodes in to High Rise Invasion when the thunder rumbles a lot louder that it had all night, causing Y/n to jump. Instinctively, Danny puts his arm around Y/n and pulls her closer. His action comforted her and she lent into his grasp. With combination of the storm, which Y/n is quite afraid of, the darkness and the tension from the anime, Y/n was kind of nervy. Danny noticed this, paused HRI and said "You seem a bit on edge, do you want to just go to sleep?" Y/n nodded to his question.

Danny brought the laptop over to his bedside table, dragged the blanket up higher, and allowed Y/n to hug into him. Their body heat warmed each other up, combating the cold of the storm. Danny ran his finger through her hair, calming her nerves. Within a matter of minutes, Y/n had fallen asleep, Danny falling asleep not long after. Through out the night, the two cuddles further into each other and the storm no longer disturbed them. Hopefully this peace lasts longer than just the night.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter, I've been very busy, but you guys might be happy to know that there are some interesting things coming up. On another note, thank you for all the reads and vote, furthermore, I really enjoy reading your comments and can't wait to read more. Hope you have a good day or night <3