Oblivious

Third person's POV-

Today is Y/n's first day at the LA headquarters. It would be a lie to say she wasn't slightly frantic while getting ready this morning. The girl was rushing around her hotel room reassuring herself that she had all her work necessities. As of current, she was heading into a small cafe to get some coffee and trying to make her mind up on whether she should call Danny or not. Her hands fumbled on her phone as she queued up.

When she reached the counter she asked for a black coffee, hopefully it could get her though the first day jitters she was experiencing. While she spoke, a small smile appeared on the baristas face. "That all?" They asked. Y/n simply replied, "Yeah, thanks". "Okay, that'll be $3.99" they said. Y/n happily handed over her money for her much need caffeine. Before Y/n could leave the queue the barista quickly asked, "Hey... um, is that a British accent?" Y/n wasn't expecting the question so she just reacted with a nod and went out of the line.

A few minutes later Y/n's drink was called out. Looking down at the cup she'd picked up she sees something written on the side of it. 'Hi, I think you're really pretty and have a cool accent. I'd like to hang out, call me sometime? -Cassie' with the message was Cassie's number. Y/n, being completely oblivious, smiled at Cassie and added the number to her phone, then exiting the cafe.

Walking down the street, Y/n decided to call Danny. She pulled out and unlocked her phone, then locating Danny's contact. She pressed the call button and brought the device up to her ear.

Danny's POV-

I open my eyes to my dimly lit room and ringing. Though exhausted, I sit up from my bed and grab towards the sound, picking up my phone. I state at the light source for a couple of seconds, adjusting my eyes to the brightness. Once adjusted to the light I realise that it was Y/n calling me. I answer the call and put her on speaker. "Morning..." I greet, my voice slightly hoarse. "Morning, sleepy head." She greets back, "Did I wake you up? Sorry". I found it cute how she cared, "Yeah, I don't mind though. What's up?" I ask. "Kinda nervous, so I called for some words of encouragement..." She let out a small laugh at the end. I try and think of best thing to say, but unfortunately, to just waking up, my brain was a bit fuzzy.

"You're going to do fine, and I'm sure everyone there will think you're great. I do." I mumble the last part, hoping she doesn't hear it. I hear her sigh. "Thanks." She reacts, "Oh! Guess what!". Taking a second to think, I release a small humming noise. "I know... You bought a private jet!" I say, jokingly.

"No no no no no, though that would be very cool, that's not it." She giggles. "I met this really nice girl at the coffee shop a few minutes ago, she was working as a barista, and when she left my drink on the counter for me, she had written a little note on it. It said that she though I was pretty and that she liked my accent. Oh, and it also had her number on it, saying I should call her sometime, to hang out."

For some reason this made me feel uneasy. I found it cute, how innocent and oblivious she was to what seemed like she was being flirted with. I realise she had stopped talking and reply, "really?" not exactly knowing how to respond. "Yeah. It looks like I'm already making friends!" I sigh. "You okay?" She asks. "Hm? What?" I question, in which she states, "You sighed". "No worries, I'm just tired." I say, it wanting to worrying about how I may feel on her first day in a new office.

"Okie dokie," she says, "well I just got to the office but, can I call you on my lunch break?". Of course, I tell her she can, and with that we say goodbye and the call ends.

A/n: Sorry for the delay, I meant to post this yesterday but got caught up in work. Next chapter should be out soon. Hope you have a good day or night <3