Ruined plans

Danny's POV-

There's about a week left of Y/n's stay in my apartment and I'm still yet to ask her out on a date. We're currently shopping for Y/n's Rize cosplay, in which I offered to go with her. We've already found the undershirt and belt. Luckily, she has a white dress, but we still need to find shoes and the tights. For the time being, we chose to quickly grab something to eat since we've been walking around this mall for a bit.

After looking around a bit, we find a small restaurant that isn't very fancy, it's quite simple and Y/n seems to like it. While waiting for our food, I thought this would be a good time to ask her out. "So, Y/n-" I was interrupted, but not by Y/n... Cassie. "Y/n!" She exclaims, "it's good to see you!" Cassie's loud enough for the surrounding tables to hear her. "Heh," Y/n chuckles awkwardly, "you too... so, what are you doing here?" She asks. "Oh, well I wanted to ask you something!" Cassie says.

Y/n nods towards Cassie to signal that she can ask the question. "I was wondering... would you want to go on a date sometime?" My blood is practically boiling at this point. Cassie has ruined my plans to ask my Princess on a date, by asking them herself. I just hope that Y/n declines. "I'm sorry, Cassie, I just don't like you that way..." Y/n states. 'Thank God' I think to myself. "I get it, you just don't like girls." Cassie tried to excuse. "No no, I do. I just have a certain guy in mind at the moment..." Y/n corrects.

Cassie looks disappointed, but I can help but feel the same way. I'm glad that Y/n turned down Cassie, but she also said that she likes some guy... I can't help but to think who it could be. Could it be me? I don't know, she's only ever referred to us as friends. Is it someone who's from England, or someone new that she met here, in California?

"That's fine," Cassie says, "I'll see you around." She finally leaves. "Sorry about that..." Y/n says to me. I quickly usher away her worries, replying "Don't stress, I can tell that was awkward for you, so no need to worry about me" I say this with my best attempt to hide my own worry. Thankfully, before she can notice, the food arrives, distracting her slightly.

~Time Skip~

Following paying for the food and leaving the food place, we went into quite a busy shop. Y/n looks stressed trying to navigate her way through the crowd, so I grab her hand to help lead her. I check her reaction to see if she's comfortable with it, of course, and she smiles at me, leading me to believe she's okay with the hand holding. We continue walking around and I feel Y/n squeeze my hand lightly. She must've found something for the cosplay. I follow her lead, where she takes us over to a shelf of heeled shoes. Thankfully, there was a pair that worked with the cosplay and that were in Y/n's size.

Y/n bought the shoes and we left the shop, still holding hands. Each of us were carrying a bag. I held the bag with the shoes in, in my left hand, gently holding Y/n's hand in my right. Whereas, Y/n, held the clothes in her right hand, and had my hand in her left. All that's left now is the tights, which might be hard to find, as they are green... Eventually, we made the decision to go home, as Y/n said she would just order the tights.

A/n: Friendly reminder, COVID doesn't exist in the reality of this fic, that's why there is no explanation of masks or anything. Thank you for all the reads and votes. Hope you have a good day or night <3