Jealousy

Cassie's POV-

Y/n walks into the bathroom, leaving just me and Danny alone at the table. We just kinda sit in awkward silence for a couple of seconds but then I speaks up... "So are you and Y/n a thing... or..." I say in a questioning tone. "No, but she's really nice and I think I like her, ya know?" Danny responds. "Mhm," I rebounds, "I mean I can see why. She's super kind and pretty, who wouldn't want to date her?" I ask, rhetorically. I send him a friendly smile. 'As if Y/n would want to date him, I'll be the one to date them. After all, I saw her first, I've been following them since she was at 23k on TikTok' I say internally.

"Heh... yeah..." Danny says stiffly, and then continues to go on his phone, giving me a reason to go on mine. I end up on TikTok going on Y/n's account and looking at her newest post, it was a video of her and Danny getting food. Jealousy ran through my veins when I saw how they looked at each other, that should be me instead of him... Just as I was about to comment on the video I hear the bathroom door open and quickly close the app and turn off my phone.

Danny's POV-

As I was talking to Cassie I heard he mumbling something to herself "...23k..." seemed a bit odd to me but I assumed she was just thinking out and instead replied to what she had said previously. I go on my phone to avoid this painful conversation. About a minute goes by and I glance up to see Cassie, she looks like she's seething in her seat. Just then, Y/n exits the bathroom and heads towards, Cassie immediately shuts off her phone.

Y/n's POV-

I walk back over to the table not bothering to sit down. "My lunch break is almost over so I've gotta go, but do any of you guys know where I can grab a sandwich or something really quick?" I ask, picking up my things. "Oh! I know one not to far, I can walk you there!" Cassie states. "But don't you have to get back to work soon, too?" I inquire, through the corner of my eye, though I am look at Cassie, I can see Danny looking up at me with a slight smirk. "It's alright," Danny says standing up, "I can walk you there, and to your work if you want." I smile to Danny and nod. "Thanks, that would be great.

Danny gets what he brought with him, we say goodbye to Cassie and make our leave. As we walk out the door Danny holds it open for me. We make eye-contact and smile at each other. Though I haven't known him for long, Danny has become one  of the few people I have come to admire and cherish. I'm definitely thankful that we took the chance to meet.

A/n: Eek, short chapter... I'm trying to update as regularly as possible for you guys, so I hope you don't mind that this one took a bit longer to be published than other. If you don't mind I would love to read some comments on what you want to see in upcoming chapters. Hope you have a good day or night <3