Chit Chat and Bonding

Y/n's POV-

I'm on my way home but I all can think about is Danny asking me on a date. My mind wonders, thinking about what we would do and where it would lead our relationship, if you can even call it that... anyways, I've been in shock since he asked me. I had realised that we were getting closer, obviously because of the whole living together situation, but I didn't think anything like this would happen so soon. I'm overcome with excitement. I just want to get home as soon as possible.

Danny's POV-

I can't believe she actually said yes to going on a date. I had my doubts and worries, but I'm glad I didn't let them get to me. Asking her in the elevator maybe wasn't the best choice of timing... that doesn't matter though, because I finally went through with it and got the date. Right when I got home, I messaged Jake. I would've done it on the way home but I was looking at places to go on the date. I already had somewhat of an idea, but I want everything to be amazing for us. Jake and I discussed what I should do on that date, and this went on for a while before in heard the apartment door open, and a pair of footsteps head into Y/n's room.

I quickly send a message to Jake, thanking him for any advice/help, then leave my room and head down the hallway. Just as I'm about to knock on the door it opens, I lower my fist and say, "Hi" to the girl in front of me, who also says the same, simultaneously. She lets out a quiet giggle, which is adorable, then says "what's up?" I can hear the smile in her voice. "Just wanted to see how you were..." I reply. "I'm great, thank you," they respond, "so... what should I wear for our date?" My eyes widen for a split second from the unexpected question. "Something formal, but as long as you're comfortable it doesn't matter." I answer.

Y/n's POV-

When Danny told me to wear something formal I remembered that the only formal wear I had was work clothes and my blue dress. I search my mind for combinations of clothes that I could wear but nothing seems like it would be fitting for a date. Looks like I'll be wearing the dress then, hopefully he likes it. Hopefully, everything goes well.

Danny's POV-
~Time Skip~

Hours pass of us just talking and enjoying each other's company, when I look at the time to see that it was already 10pm. Y/n seemed to have also noticed, when she suggest, "It's getting late, how about I make us some food?" Of course I agree, because it's food. We get up from where we were sitting and make our way into the kitchen. Y/n looks at the few ingredients we have in the cupboards and asks, "Do you like stir fry?" I quickly respond with a "Yeah", to which she says, "Good, I can make that."

Together, we begin to get things ready to cook. I prepare the rice and get it started, while they cut up the veggies and such. Once I had put the rice in the cooker, I go over to her and help with the meat. While passing her, my hand grazes past the small of her back, to which she shivers. I grab the knife I needed and go back to cutting up the meat into chunks, all while fighting the smirk I held back from Y/n's reaction.

A/n: Sorry for the really long wait... being honest I kinda forgot Wattpad existed, oops. Other than that, thank you for 70k votes, and please vote because we are getting closer to 3k votes and that would be really cool! Hope you have a good day or night <3