Jet Lag

Third person's POV-

Y/n has about 1 hour left of her flight and is buzzing with anticipation. She had attempted to cool down her nerves by reading a book, but that just didn't work. She then tried to take a nap but the elderly woman in the seat next to her was snoring loudly. Now, she sit staring out the plane window, tapping her foot, listen to music through her headphones. She's listening to a song called 'Bonfire' by Club Roulette, and was inspired to write a short story.

For the rest of her journey Y/n wrote till her heart's content. She hadn't even realised that she'd arrived until she heard the 'ding' of the seatbelt indicator.

Her eyes flash towards the sign, double checking she it wasn't just her mind playing tricks. Once she notices she was in LA she immediately shoved her items into the bag she'd brought as a carry on. The flights attendant announced that people can now begin to leave their seats and exit the plane. Y/n instantly shoots up out of her seat, only to be delayed by the elderly woman. Though impatient and extremely jet lagged, Y/n waited silently to make it out of the capsule which she had sat in for hours on end.

Once in the airport, Y/n collects her luggage and passes through security. She takes a deep breath as she steps into the fresh air. The first thing she notices is that LA isn't as cold as it is in the UK, thankfully. Y/n calls an Uber and messages Danny while she waits for it to arrive.

Danny's POV-

It's about half 4, meaning Y/n should be landing soon. I still find it hard to believe that I'll be seeing her in 3 days. The girl I had for just a couple months, the girl I had grow to admire, the girl who never fails to make me smile. I'm going to see her. I sit in my desk tattered desk chair, aimlessly scrolling through TikTok, waiting to receive a message from Y/n. Just as I give up on scrolling ,and go to start editing a video, a notification pops up on my phone.

Y/n had finally arrived in LA, too bad I can't see her yet. 'The video can wait a little bit longer' I think to myself. The message read:
Y/n: Guess who just landed in LA biach!
I can tell she's excited, because she rarely ever swears.  A laugh slips from my lips. I type my reply and press send.
Me: C3PO?
Y/n: No... but nice reference!
Y/n: ITS ME :P
Me: Can't wait to see you
Y/n: Awwwe that's so cute
Me: No u
Y/n: ...
Y/n: I can't believe you've done this-
There she goes again making me laugh. I could talk to this girl forever.

I decide to have a little fun and flirt a bit.
Me: Frustrated, baby?
A smirk forms on my face, I wonder how she may respond.

Y/n's POV-

As I read Danny's message my whole face goes red. 'Did he just call me baby?' I question within my thoughts. Flustered, I quickly type out a response, also noticing my Uber pull up.
Me: Yes
Me: I have to go my Uber I here
Me: See ya soon!
I receive a notification, confirming that it is indeed my Uber. I get into the vehicle and begin the ride to where I'll be staying. Just to be safe, I go to my contacts and call my S/n(sibling name) to let him now I've arrived.

Some time passes and the Uber stops out side of the hotel. I thank the driver and get out of the vehicle, making sure to bring my bag and suitcases with me.

~Time Skip~

I finally made it into my room and was sitting on the bed, ready to take a nap, when I though I would quickly post something on Instagram. I pick the picture of my view in the plane, a picture from when I landed and a picture of me laying on the hotel bed, captioning it 'Jet Lag sucks :P', not forgetting to add my location as LA. I wait a couple of minutes to see people's reaction when I see Danny liked and commented.
Danny.Phantom.exe: Stop being a baby
         ↪️ Y/n.official: Only yours ;)
I decide to jokingly reply to his comment after what he said earlier, even though I know I'm going to regret it later. I place my phone on the bed side table and drift to sleep while I can. Hopefully, I'll wake up without the jet lag.

A/n: Looks like you're finally in LA! Stay tuned to read the upcoming chapter of you and Danny meeting. Hope you have a good day or night <3 -Your favourite author :)