A bolt from the blue

Danny's POV-

I had just got to my apartment and my roommates were helping me get settled. My nerves have been building since I got here and they could tell. As I was sorting some of my clothes into a dresser, Ashton comes over to me and asks "Hey, man. You alright? You seem stressed." Isaiah must've been in his room or somewhere, cause he wasn't part of the conversation. "Yeah, just busy with organising this stuff..." I reply. "Are you sure it has nothing with seeing Y/n later today?" He questions me, again. Ashton was definitely onto something, "Nah... well, maybe a bit, but that's just nerves." I state. "Okay. Well if you need anything I'll be in my room." He says. "Alright, thanks man" with that Ashton leaves and I go back to finding places to put things.

Y/n's POV-

It's about quarter to 2, and I have roughly 3 hours left until I can leave. Currently, I'm standing at the printer waiting for quite a few contracts and papers to be printed. While waiting, I decide to message someone in hope that it would make time pass quicker. I knew Danny was busy unpacking, and that Hannah and S/n(A/n: Sibling name, if I hadn't already made that clear) would be at work, so that left me to think who I could talk to.... I don't really have too many friends, in all honesty. Suddenly, I remember about the girl who wrote her number on my coffee cup. Maybe I could message or call her?

'Sure, why not?' I think to myself.
Me: Hi
Me: Is this Cassie?
Surprisingly there isn't much of a wait for her to reply.
Cassie: Yeah
Cassie: Who's this?
Me: It's Y/n
Cassie: The cute who's coffee cup I wrote my number on... I remember you
Me: I'm glad and thank you for calling me cute
Cassie: Np just being honest
Cassie seems like a really nice person, I think we could maybe become friends. (A/n: That's not want Cassie wants (; )

Cassie: I'm glad you actually decided to text me
Me: I thought I'd try get to know someone new
Cassie: Happy to be that someone
Cassie: So what are you up to?
Me: Just waiting for something to print at work.
Cassie: Oh what's your job?
Me: I'm assistant-head media manager for a smaller international company
Me: It's actually the reason I'm here in LA
Cassie: Wow
Cassie: That's impressive
Me: Thank you
Me: I would ask you but I already know that you work as a barista
Cassie: yeah haha
Cassie: I hope to become a well-known photographer at some point though
Me: Really? That's so cool

Cassie and I talked for a couple more minute, until all the sheets had been printed. I told her that I had to get back to work however, we said that we should talk another time. I think we could be great friends.

~Time skip~
Third person's POV-

Y/n was once again, anxiously, waiting to get out of work. She couldn't help but find herself constantly looking up to the clock, which definitely didn't help in making the time pass faster. Just as she thought she was going to get to go home on time, her co-worker James knocks on the door, which is open, and walks up to her desk and plops down a stack of papers. "Annalise needs these in her office, signed, by 5:30" they announce. Y/n sighs, "Could these not have been given to me earlier?" she asks. "No sorry, I only just found about it myself. Do you need any help?" Y/n could tell they was trying to be sincere, but shakes her head 'no'. James, sympathetically, smiles towards Y/n and leaves her office, to go back to their own desk.

Y/n takes a look at the small stack and begins reading through and signing the documents. After about 15 minutes, the papers are signed and ready to be put in Annalise's office. Y/n stands up from her desk, picks up the stack and makes her way out of her own office, and then down the hallway to where Annalise's office is located. Y/n knocks on the door, with which she hears Annalise yell, "Come in!". Y/n opens the door, "Good evening, Anna. I have to documents you asked for."she states. "Lovely, just set them down on my desk, and then you're free to go." Anna replies. Y/n puts the documents on the desk and walks out of the room, closing the door behind her.

She hurries back into her own office room, grabs her things and starts heading to the reception. Once at reception, she signs out for the day and leaves the building. To say she was rushing was be an understatement. Y/n knew she was slightly behind schedule, so she walks as fast as she can back to the hotel, that luckily wasn't to far from where she works.

Y/n finally gets back to her hotel room. She changes into some more comfortable, yet presentable clothing, and then goes around the room to check she has packed everything she'd brought with her. In all the rush, Y/n realise she hadn't the time to check if Danny had messaged her the location of his apartment complex. She quickly pulls her phone from out her pocket and sees a notification from Danny. She open the message and sees:

Danny: Hey I'm pretty sure you get off of work soon so here's the address to my apartment complex (Random address)

Me: Hey I got out of work a little late but I'm about to check out of the hotel
Me: see you soon :)

Y/n's POV-

I'm currently talking to the receptionist of the hotel and checking out of my room. I called an Uber about 5 minutes ago, so it should be here soon. Eventually, I get signed out and walk out of the hotel and onto the pavement(sidewalk). My phone buzzes bag, which I have hung over my shoulder. I retrieve my phone and see another text from Danny.

Danny: Do you know how you are going get here?
Me: I'm taking an Uber
Danny: Do you want to call while you're in the car?
Me: Sure I don't see why not

Not even a minute later, my phone brings to ring and of course I pick it up. "Helllloooooooo..." I greet Danny. "Heeeeeyyyy," he returns, "Is your Uber there yet?" Just as he asked the Uber pulls up right in front of me. "It actually just got her. Gimme a second to put my suitcases in the boot." I say. "Okay," he answers, I then hear him mumble "boot" which is followed by a small chuckle. It brings a smile to my face. I confirm with the driver that it is indeed the Uber I had ordered, and they help me load my suitcases into the boot(trunk). We close the boot and I get onto the back seat. I resume talking to Danny.

~Time skip~

"I'm outside, Princey boi!" I exclaim. I had gotten out of the Uber and secured my suitcases and bag, thanked the driver, rated and ended the drive just a few minutes ago. "That's a new one. I'm on my way down, can't wait to see you." He ends the call, and I wait. While I wait for Danny I turn to look at my surroundings and take in the area. "Y/n?" I turn back around and there he is. Shivers run my body, it's like thunder has passed through me.

Danny's POV-

"Y/n?" I question the girl in front of me. She turns around and it's her, it's Y/n. She looks incredible. I feel as if I've been struck by lightning. "Danny! Hi..." she greets me. Her voice is even more sweeter in person. "Hi..."

A/n: Tadaaaa! The chapter you guys had long awaited for is here... Just so you guys know, if you ask me to message you when the a future chapter I don't mind doing it. Also I really enjoy getting feedback from you guys and the funny comments you leave. Thank you for the 12k reads. We're almost at 400 votes, so don't forget to vote. Hope you have a good day or night <3