Chapter 54

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO UPDATE SINCE THE 15TH I FINALLY KNOW WHY IT WASN'T! ENJOY!

Five months before

Melody Remington POV

Winter break was over and there were a couple of months left of senior year. I haven't applied anywhere yet and I wasn't sure where I wanted to go. Being in a private school didn't make it any easier. I sat down at the dining table while my parents flirt with each other right in front of me. Ever since I was little they'd act like newlyweds and who would have thought that they'd be the same after many years later.

"So, I'm turning eighteen soon," I said.

My dad scoffed and sat down at the dining table with the food and said, "In three months. You still have time buddy."

I sighed and said, "It's the same thing so I was wondering if you could let me go to a party? I've maintained my GPA and have all A's. I didn't let senioritis get to me and I really want to-"

"Okay," dad said. My eyes widened in shock he's actually letting me go to a party?!

"You can go but only if Elena and Vanessa are going," mother said.

I nodded my head vigorously, "Yes they're both going!"

"Be home by 12 and no-"

"No drinking, smoking, or anything. Don't worry dad, I won't do it. I won't drink anything. I'll run the other way if I see it," I said making him laugh.

"And if a guy tries to ta-"

"I'll use my taekwondo skills on them. I'll be fine," I said while smiling. I'm glad that I took lessons when I was little they've paid off.

"Just don't end up at the police station again," he said. I sighed, remembering that awful day. A guy slapped my butt on the way to school and I kind of twisted his arm and broke a couple of his fingers. I just wanted to teach that asshole a lesson and honestly don't

"What about Susane? You haven't said anything about her?" She asked while turning around.

"I dropped her," I said while taking a bite from the pasta. My mother looked at me confused and I sighed.

"You were right. I remember what you said the other day and ever since then, I'd find myself paying attention to what she'd say and do. She's been talking behind my back and has been spreading false rumors about me. Tonight is the night where I'm going to end things with her. Don't worry I won't fight her or give you a reason to go to the hospital or police station...well at least I hope," I said while laughing.

After eating dinner I went upstairs to my room. I checked the clock and it was seven-fifteen. The party started in a bit and I wasn't ready.

I joined the facetime call with Elena and Jessica.

"No, wear blue jeans it will look a lot cut-Melody," Elena said.

"Hello, girls so I have a question," I asked.

"What's the question?" Jessica asked.

"So who's picking me up because I don't feel like driving," I asked. I remember them talking about one of the driving this time but I'm not sure who.

"Are you going?" Elena asked and I nodded. They both gasped in shock and squealed in excitement, "I can't believe it!" Jessica said.

"I'm also confronting Susaine tonight," I said. Elena 's jaw dropped and Jessica smiled, "Finally, I hated her since the very beginning."

I laughed while touching my make up that I had on from before. I liked the outfit that I was wearing but I paired some jewelry and a small bag to finish it off.