Chapter 49

A/n: I thought I posted this on Saturday but I guess it didn't post so here it is :) enjoy

"He was the cop," I said. Jake's smile widened and gave me the thumbs up.

"Julie was the forensic scientist," I said. Julie's eyebrows raised up surprised.

"Ryan was the investigator." He took off his hat and a devilish smile made its way on his face.

"And Xavier was the lawyer, the person who declared that Ridge had committed suicide." I looked at Xavier and he flinched back.

"And the person who died wasn't Ridge... it was his father."

*~*

"Well, well, well you have a brain after all," Jake Remington said.

"You killed my father?" Lee asked as she shook her head back and forth in disbelief. She muffled her sobs in as she tried to keep herself up. This whole time we thought it was just an accident but in reality it was all fabricated. They lied and made us believe it.

"And X-Xavier?" Lee asked in disbelief. I looked at Xavier and he looked heartbroken. He had his head down and stared at the ground.

"I didn't know it was our Ridge. Once I found out they threatened me and they-" Jake shot the vase that was next to Xavier scaring everyone. Xavier covered his ears and moved to the side a little.

"You sure you want to finish that?" Jake asked. I stared at Xavier confused and he gave out a shaky breath.

"Yes, I will. You've threatened me and told me to keep it a secret for a long time now. I won't take any of this anymore. He said he'd hurt my wife and he did. He shot her and now she is in the hospital, so I had to take the case and make it seem like Ridge committed suicide," Xavier said as he stared at me.

"He also tried to kill my kid and I had no choice you have to believe me," he continued. He wiped away his tears and stared at me tiredly. After all these years, I had no clue.

He had gone through so much and it was all my fault. If I hadn't seen the girl and him in the dark ally. We wouldn't be here but now I'm going to fix the mistake I made.

I nodded my head motioning him that I understand and didn't give any emotion. I had to be strong because what I'm about to do will be...hard.

I looked at Jake and smiled widely at him. I wiped my tears away and he looked down at me while raising his eyebrows.

"Tell me one thing. How much did you pay all of them to do this?" I asked. He let out a laugh as if what I said was the funniest thing in the world.

"Nothing, they did it willingly," he said. He bent down a little and whispered, "You want to know why?" He maintained eye contact with my own and I made no move as I stared at him. He nodded and clenched his jaw tightly realizing that I wasn't going to answer.

"Cousin, why don't you tell her," my psychotic ex boyfriend said. Jake and Jake are cousins? What the hell? This makes no sense. I stared at him and waited for the other Jake to answer.

"Your husband killed my wife," that's all it took for me to look at him. Jake's jaw hardened. He stared at Ridge with so much hatred. Ridge killed his wife? I looked at Ridge to find him confused as well. What the hell is he talking about?

"That's right brother-in-law not only was she your wife she was my sister," Julie said.