Chapter 16

"Do you still love me?", she asked.

"Will it make a difference if I still do?", I asked. 

*~*

Unedited

Ridges POV

"You said that you did at the mall, well in a way...", she said. 

"I can do it but I can't do that to Jake even though I hate him, because he has the love of my life. Without that I am dying a part of me is, I can't breathe I can't sleep, or do anything for that matter"

"And", I said why does she want to know so badly. 

"Ridge I need to know, I don't want to feel as if you are holding onto something that doesn't exist", she said with concern and worry laced on her face. 

"Are you happy with him?", I asked.

She nodded. 

"If your happiness is with him then I am happy for you", I simply said and smiled at her. 

She looked at me, more like staring at me and it caught me off guard and it was making me very uncomfortable. 

"I am confused", she said while sitting on the couch with her hands on her face. 

"What is there to be confused about", I asked. 

"Everything, ever since you came back", she said while tears were running down her face. 

"Don't be", I said and sat down next to her. 

I grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze and she looked at me with her big teary eyes.

"I think I have accepted the fact that I will never have another chance with you and I don't deserve it as well", I said smiling sadly. 

"I was being selfish, I have no right to barge into your life and ruin what you already have", I continued. 

"Just forget about what I said about me loving you or anything and focus on your engagement...your future", I said. 

"You've changed...you are different from the Ridge that I used to know", she said.

"I realized that I can't do whatever I want in life without paying the consequences...  I was immature", I said.

"Yea, you were! Remember how we first actually met", she said while laughing. 

"You kissed me, who kisses a random", she said while smiling. 

"Well you slapped me", I said while smiling. 

"Obviously, you kissed me without my consent", she said while smiling. 

"Oh shut up you, I bet you secretly liked it", I said while raising my eyebrows. 

"No I didn't", she said. 

"Yes you did", I said. 

"No"

"Yes"

"No, Ridge"

"Yes, Braelyn"

"Stop it!",  Braelyn said. 

"Stop it!", I mimicked. 

"You are annoying".she said. 

"You are just annoyed because God didn't make you beautifuler than me", I said. 

"Beautifuler is not a word", Braelyn said while smiling. 

"Nerd", I said. 

"Jerk", she said. 

"Geek"

"Asshole"

"Brat"

"Drama queen"

"Hey!", I said. 

We both laughed like old times but the laughter died out when I realized what we were doing. 

We were very close to each other one more inch my body would have touched hers. 

I moved back and she was red probably embarrassed, with that everything was coming back.

"I am sorry", I said apologizing. 

"I miss this", she whispered out while looking down. 

"I do as well", I whispered out. 

"I don't think I hate you... I think I am looking for excuses", she said whispering out. 

"What do you mean by excuses", I asked. 

She continued to cry and she looked up at me 

"Something else had happened the day I tried to hurt myself..", she said whispering out while tears were coming down.

Authors Note:

Dun Dun Dun until next time my Diamonds <3 

Short but better than nothing right? 

What is she hiding? 

Vote + Comment !!!!!