Chapter 48

a/n: sorry y'all uni is horrible i fell behind and now i'm caught up. i'll try to update once i have my shit together

Braeyln's POV

"Wow, finally! It took you long enough, someone to give him a round of applause." Haddie said. Ridge stared at the girl next to me and then back at me. From the expression he was giving me it seemed like he didn't remember her.

"Why are you doing this?" I spat out. She let out a small laugh and turned around and made her way towards me. I stared straight ahead and didn't make the move to look at her. She grabbed the back of my head and pulled me up. Ridge tried to take a step forward but was stopped by Jake said.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said. Ridge looked at his ex-best friend in disbelief. I could tell that he was hurt and he didn't expect him to ever do this to him. Heck, I don't think anyone would have thought that Jake was that type of person. I mean, the first time I met him I thought he was a nice, funny person but he's two faced.

"Why are you doing this to him? He didn't do anything wrong-" Jake laughed at me as if what I said was the funniest thing in the world.

"What makes you think that Ridge here didn't do anything wrong. And Ridge for a business man you are quite stupid. The people that you think that are your parents are in reality, paid actors. We were never your friends in the first place. It was all fake, Ridge." Jake said and let out a relaxed sigh. He smiled widely as Ridge's expression changed.

"The cops told us that they couldn't find Ridge's body? How is he alive?" Lee asked out of nowhere. I hadn't thought about it but that's true. How is he alive?

I looked at Ridge to find him perplexed, "You think it was all an accident?" My eyes widened in shock. This accident was planned? I looked at Grady and Lee to find their eyes widened as well. What the actual hell. I groaned in pain, the pain was getting worse. I bit the inside my cheek and sucked the pain in. I looked around to find everyone staring at Jake and Ridge so I took the chance and pressed the recorder button that was in my pocket. I had accidentally brought it home after work and I am glad that I did.

"But the cops-" Lee stopped and muffled in a sob as she pushed herself closer to Grady. I stared at Jake carefully and all the pieces were coming together.

"He was the cop," I said. Jake's smile widened and gave me the thumbs up.

"Julie was the forensic scientist," I said. Julie's eyebrows raised up surprised.

"Ryan was the investigator." He took off his hat and a devilish smile made its way on his face.

"And Xavier was the lawyer, the person who declared that Ridge had committed suicide." I looked at Xavier and he flinched back.

"And the person who died wasn't Ridge... it was his father."