Chapter 28

I really needed this job and I just wanted them to give me a chance.

"Are you here for the interview?" A guy asked as he approached me. I nod unsure who he was and he smiled brightly.

"What seems to be the problem here?" The man asked the receptionist and she ended the call.

"I was just calling you, sir, she doesn't have the ticket." The man nodded and he said something to her and she nodded.

"Come with me," the man told me and I nodded. Who is he? His sounded really familiar, like the guy I was talking to earlier.

"I'm Jake Ryland and I am the one who had called you earlier this morning. Oh and fun fact: you're the only person I had to call since you didn't call us, as well as, you're the only one who didn't bring the ticket. He opened the door allowing us to go to a different room. I already felt horrible and him saying that didn't make it any better.

"I didn't open the mail until this morning. I had completely forgotten about it because I got the mail from my old house," I said. Jake's eyes widened and I regret telling him that but then I didn't. Why would he allow me to come in after everything had happened. He's allowing me to attend the interview as well which means a lot.

"Must say you are really fast and the fact that you have everything else gave you some mad respect. From what I'm taking, you need the job right?" He asked. I nodded and we went in the elevator and up to the seventeenth floor.

"Well, good luck and if you do get the job then you owe me," he said. I eyed him suspiciously but he laughed in return.

"What do you want?" I asked. He shrugged innocently, "Get the job and I'll tell you what I want." I walked out of the elevator only to be in a room filled with people.

"You're number one the very first one. The ticket had your number as to when you'd go for the interview," Jake said.

"Number one." The lady called my eyes. It was time for the interview. "Good luck." He hummed and made his way back to the elevator. I walked towards the lady and told her that I'm number one and she opened the door for me.

"Down the hall on your right," the lady said. I held onto my file tightly and walked towards the door. This whole entire time I was distracted and I didn't have time to worry and now I'm panicking. I took a deep breath and gave two knocks on the door.

"Come in," the person said and the chills that I had gotten before ran down my spine. My hands tingled as I grabbed the door handle. My breathing hitched, the same feeling that I had a couple days ago came back all because of this man. The endless nights of me constantly thinking about our encounters for no reason at all. It had to be him. I wasn't sure why I was reacting this way but every time I tried to shut him out the feeling only grew stronger. I opened the door and slowly walked inside. His back was facing against me so he couldn't see me. His head peaked out from the top, he had dirty blonde hair, and he had rings on his fingers. They were tapping on the arm of the right side of the chair.

"You may sit down," he said. His voice was heavy and rich, not too deep and not too high. Goosebumps rose on my arms leaving me cold and I sat down on the black chair across from him. The tension in the air rose leaving me in distress. My hands shook as I put the file down on the table, the smell of his cologne gave a familiar feeling. It intoxicated my nose, satisfying me, giving me comfort that I apparently needed. It made me feel at ease.

"What's your number?" He asked. I took a deep breath and pulled my jacket closer to me to keep me warm.

"One." Just that one word affected him because his fingers that were once tapping the chair had stopped moving. His fingers had stopped mid air and he finally set them down. His breathing seemed slightly off, the sound was more evident. He slowly spun his chair around and his green eyes bore into mine once again.

It's him.