Chapter 22

2 years later...
I stare at my phone hoping that he'd call me. That maybe he'd just listen to me but he wouldn't. I wouldn't either not after what I did.

It's all my fault, all I do is ruin everything, not just for me but for others. He hasn't talked to me for years and I just wanted to hear his voice once again.

I grab my phone on the table and dial his number. After, all these years I had the courage to call him.

"What are you doing?" Lee's dark circles were evident. She must be tired.

"Nothing." Sighing she walked towards me and sat down besides me. Her hair was now a dark-brown color. Disheveled, because of the kids. Seeing her tired upset me and I didn't want her to worry about my problems.

She grabbed the phone out of my hands and her eyes teared up. She set the phone aside and grabbed my hands holding them tightly.

"Why do you have his phone?" She asked quietly. I looked at her weirdly, why is she crying?

"I finally had the courage Lee. I promise you this time he'll listen to me... he'll come back everything will be back to normal-" Lee stopped me by grabbing my face and holding it.

"W-what are yo-you talking about?," Lee said harshly. I pushed her hands away from me frustratedly and grabbed the phone she set aside.

"Ridge! I'm calling him," I exclaimed and dialed his number in. She grabbed the phone and held it in her hands tightly.

"Look, Bray, look..." Lee dialed Ridges number but it failed. I grabbed the phone from her hands confused and re-dialed the number. Why isn't it working? I hit the phone a couple of times trying to get it to work. Lee burst out crying and yelled out for Grady.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" Grady asked as he walked into my room.

"Call the doctor, right now!" She exclaimed. Grady looked at me and then at his wife and nodded. Without questioning he called our home doctor.

"Why are you calling the doctor?" I asked Lee. She sighed and stared deeply into my eyes.

"Did something happen to Ridge? If it's because-" Grady stopped talking and looked at me confused.

"Wh-why i-is she-" the doctor on the phone continued to talk but Grady stood in his tracks frozen.

"What are you talking about? Tell me if something happened to Ridge right now!" I yelled angrily. Lee wiped her tears away, calming herself down. She whispered, "Bray, Ridge is dead, don't you remember?" I looked at her confused and shook my head.

"No, no, no stop lying to me! No he isn't. He is alive he isn't dead! How could you say that about your own brother!" I yelled. She tried to grab my hand but I moved away from her. I grabbed the phone again, calling Ridge's number again and again. Each time it failed to go through.

I looked at the phone confused and finally realized after the longest time that this wasn't my phone. It was Ridges, wh-why is it with me. Where is he?

"Where is Ridge! Where is he!" I threw the phone across he phone.
Pulling my hair tightly, crying in pain. I looked at Lee for answers but she continued to cry.

Authors Note: Goal: 15 votes !