Chapter 33

I finally finished editing "officially broken." Or "broken fantasy" so now I can finally get my book published. Thank you for your patience. Now I can concentrate on this book as well.

Braeyln's Pov

"Sorry sir, it won't happen again," I said and I got out of his hold and pressed the elevator door. I held onto my heart tightly feeling flustered. I ignored their presence as they talked behind me as I tried to calm myself down.

"You can't talk to me that way when we are at work," Ridge said. His voice seemed to calm me down. I held my bag tightly by my side. I couldn't let this affect me. I've never been out of control like this before and I'm having a hard time controlling it.

"Everyone already knows that you are my best buddy, Ridge," Jake said cheerfully.
The elevator door opened and I took a step inside and stood in the far right corner. I opened my bag and looked for my phone, trying to act like I was doing something and not avoiding him.

The man stood in front of me and pressed the button. I took a deep breath and inhaled the smell of cologne. Ignoring him would be harder than I thought. The cologne that he ussed seem so familiar, like I've smelled it somewhere else before. Lee must have used it before. He wore a light gray coat, his white color that peeked out, dark maroon pants, and black shoes. I noticed the tattoo on the back of his neck. I didn't realize that he had tattoos. I looked away realizing that I was checking out my boss.

I looked around in my bag that I held in my hand frantically because I couldn't find my phone. I checked my front and back pockets and then realized that I didn't have any. I finally stopped looking; Jake still has my phone. I let out a sigh and turned my head towards Jake to find him laughing.

"Do you need help finding anything?" Jake asked as he smiled. I narrowed my eyes and glared at the back of his head. I was about to hit him with my purse but Ridge shifted a little and I realized that I couldn't do it. I have to be professional. 

"Yes, actually you can Mr. Renyold's can you give me my phone please?" I asked sweetly even though I wanted to stab him in the back. He scoffed and turned towards me innocently.

"If only I knew what phone you were talking about Ms. Sawyer," Jake said. I rolled my eyes. Calm down, Braeyln, calm down.

I grit my teeth and said, "I think you know which phone I'm talking about, Mr. Renyold. Would you please kindly give me my phone back because I certainly don't have time for childish games." He smirked realizing that he got the reaction that he wanted.

"Ms. Sawyer I can assure you that I'm not playing any games with you. I'm a busy man, now if you'll excuse me I'd like to listen to the silence in this elevator," he said. I sighed and looked at which floor we were on because this was taking way too long.

Think of something I need to get my phone back. Before I could say something the elevator door opened and Ridge told me to follow him. I walked behind him, still not looking at his face. I grabbed my notepad and pen out ready to write down whenever he tells me to.

"Your office is right next to mine. I want my coffee in ten on my table, then organize the files that are on your desk. Put them on the..." I wrote down every single thing he said. I shuddered, but ignored the sensation. I realized that this job was going to be harder than I thought but I believed that I could do it. I won't fail. He turned around and I looked at my notepad, still not looking at him.

"Yes sir," I said. I waited a minute until he'd tell me that I could leave. When he didn't say anything I walked towards my room but he stopped me.

"I want it all done by six p.m sharp. Not early, nor late. If it isn't done then consider yourself fired then, Ms. Sawyer." I nodded even though he was standing behind me. I walked towards my office and dropped everything off.

*~*
After I made his coffee I knocked on his door and after waiting for what seemed like hours. I opened the door and realized that he wasn't in his office. I carefully walked towards his desk and set the coffee down on the table. Just when I was about to leave. Jake was lying down on the couch that he had in his office.

Narrowing my eyes at him I walked towards him ready to take my phone from his pocket. I knew it was my phone because it was red. I tiptoe slowly and try to grab my phone out of his pocket but he opened his eyes and jumped up. I took a step back, he was awake this whole time. He sighed in relief, "Thank god it's you I thought it was hitler. Good, I've been trying to open your phone for the past five minutes."

"Why are you trying to get into my phone? Give it back to me," I said and tried to get it but he moved his hand farther away from me. He got up and stood in front of me and raised his eyebrows at me.

"What are you going to do if I don't give it to you?" He asked. Thin- I know exactly what I was going to do. I took a step forward and patted his arm.

"It'd be a shame that Ro-my friend won't get your number," I said. Making sure that I didn't say her name. He narrowed his eyes at me and looked back down on my phone and then at me. He did something that I never expected him to do. He flipped the phone over and I quickly turned my face away realizing he was trying to open my phone by using my face. I hit someone's chest, making them stumble back. I held onto their shirt and slowly pulled myself away from the person.

My breathing hitched at the person's naked chest. The buttons on the shirt were unbuttoned and I closed my eyes realizing who it was. I took a step back away and almost fell but his arms wrapped them around my waist pulling me closer to him. My body is right against his and says, "Look at me." I nodded and slowly brought my head up and looked at his eyes and I couldn't take it.

I placed my hand right against his chest keeping some distance. I felt his heart beating abnormally, which meant that he felt it too.

He felt the pull. His eyes captivated mine and at that moment I knew that I wouldn't want to look elsewhere. He let a I let out a sigh, finally relieved, calm. It's like he wanted to look at me and I didn't mind one bit. Because all I wanted to do was look at him. For once my heart and I were perfectly okay with it.