Chapter 23

Authors Note:  BTW the chapters aren't edited. I may have time but I'm extremely lazy.

3 years later

Braeyln's POV

I grabbed my purse that was on my bedroom table and made my way out. The apartment that I got was good but it wasn't great either. The wind blew harshly through my second story window leaving my apartment cold. I shut the apartment window harshly feeling the uncomfortable chills ran through my body. I wore my jacket that was hung by the door and sat down opening my mail. Bills piled on top of one another and I wasn't sure how I was going to pay it with just a diner job. Especially since I was meeting my psychiatrist frequently. I don't see the point in seeing her anymore because I haven't made any improvement in the past three years. I think that it's time for me to stop seeing her.

I had a degree but finding a job now a days is really hard considering fresh college students are finding a job. The only difference is that they are freshly out and I'm worn out. I remember what I've studied in the past but I don't remember anything and I wasn't sure why. It has bothered me in the beginning and I wanted to know everything but I told them not to tell me. I wanted to remember everything from the beginning. I couldn't remember the people in the family and I still don't remember. That's when I gave up, if I can't remember my own family what is the point of remembering the rest? I tried hard to remember and it only made it worse for me. It made me feel bad about myself and I felt like I've been just disappointing everyone.

With that, Lee, Grady, and my family accepted my request and put everything behind them. After wasting two years trying to remember I've decided to get my life together. They wanted me to still see the psychiatrist and I fulfilled their request but in return I wanted to make the payments. That's because they had their own lives and I felt like a burden. I've recently talked to them about it and next week I'll have to tell the psychiatrist that it will be my last time seeing her.

I grabbed my keys from the kitchen table and made my way to Lee's place. She still lives in the same house apparently because it's her family house. They've grown up there and she wanted to have her kids grow up there as well. Grady was okay with it, he moved here after college and got a job here.

I knocked the door and her four-year-old daughter opened it.

"Tessa! How many times did I tell you not to open the door," Lee scolded. Tessa looked at her mother with her big brown eyes and she smiled.

"I check window, it's Bray!" She hugged my legs tightly and I chuckled.

"At least she checked," I said as I ruffled her hair. Lee, rolled her eyes and told Tessa to pick up the mess she made.

"Where's Lucy?" I asked. Her two-year-old daughter is just the cutest.

"She's taking nap right now," Lee said. I nodded and plopped down on her comfy, brown couch.

"Anyways, do you have the my mail?" I asked. For some reason, the mails were still coming to this house even though I put my address. I put the mail in my bag without looking at it and my phone buzzed. It was Ronnie, my best friend, who works at the diner.

"Hey, Stella called off and so she can't make it. He's wondering if you could cover her shift today?"

Sighing, I got up from my chair and Lee looked at me confused.

"I have to go to work, someone called off and they need me." I said and she sighed.

"Did you apply to other companies? Besides the other company that you applied to," I nodded.

"Just waiting on them," I said. Lee nodded and gave me a comforting hug.

"Well, hopefully, they see you application soon so you can quit this job." She said and I nod.

"I should go, bye," she said and waved at me goodbye.

If this is life then I hope it gets better.