Chapter 46

a/n: Didn't have the motivation to write but I received a very sweet long message from a reader. Which honestly warmed up my heart and made my day. Thank you, love ❤️ @worthyourlove

Yo-yo thank you for the idea haha.

The next chapter might be the last chapter. I'm not sure but what do y'all think?

*unedited*

Braelyns POV

I stared at him confused as to what he was doing. I press my sweaty palm against my leg due to my nervousness. I took a deep breath and forced myself to smile at the man standing in front of me. I had already forgotten his name due to his intense glare.

I wanted to throw up because he scared me and even though I didn't want him to know that he scared me. It seemed like he already knew I was. It's like he knew me, I'm not sure what I was feeling at this very moment and I didn't have the words to describe it.

"Why don't you come in," I said. Not taking a chance I motioned him with my hand and moved out of his way so that they both could come in. Xavier seemed freaked out and I couldn't help wonder why he was doing this. He walked towards the dining room where everyone was.

It's like he knew that they were there all along. He took a couple of turns and reached the dining room. How did he know the rooms lay out? Was he like some stalker ex boyfriend who had studied my apartment. The thought made me want to throw up; I took a deep breath shaking the crazy thought away.

I am probably overthinking but at the same time the guy did have a gun. Anything is possible. Lee gasped, Grady's eyes widened in shock, and Ridge stood up from his chair abruptly.

"What are you doing here? How?" Lee asked. She looked at me batshit scared and so did Grady. They knew the man with the gun. Lee took a step forward but Jake stopped him by pressing the gun deeper to Xavier's head. They realized that he had a gun so they both took a step back.

Ridge glared at the man and asked, "Who are you?" The man laughed and held Xavier by his neck making him since and he pointed the gun at Ridge. My eyes widened and I reacted fast. I walked towards Ridge and stood in front of him. I couldn't let him hurt Ridge; I will always protect Ridge no matter what. I could hear the sound of his heart racing and the sound of his breathing. I shivered at the hot air which fazed against my neck.

The man laughed and said, "Well isn't that cute. Lover girl is protecting a lover boy! But this time it's different you're the one protecting him." My eyebrows furrowed. What he meant was that his time was different. Were  we in a situation similar to this before?

"Since you two don't remember why I don't help. Braeyln, move out of the way and let me help Ridge," he said. I pushed my back against Ridge before he could finish the sentence. I felt his body tense under my touch.

His hands gripped the sides of my waist and he said, "Braelyn, what are you doing? Move." I ignored him and stood in my spot. Jack let out a small laugh again which gave me goosebumps and it wasn't the good kind either.

"Braelyn, if you don't move right now I will kill every single person in this room. That includes, lover boy, so I suggest you listen to me." I didn't move a single bit. What should I do? I stared at him carefully to see whether or not he was bluffing but from the way he was standing he didn't seem hesitant at all.

"Please, Jake. You said that I could get more time," Rachel said. My eyebrows furrowed and I turned slightly and looked at Rachel. What is she talking about?

"I gave you time, Rachel, you had one job and since you couldn't do it. I will have to do it," Jake said.

"Who are you?" I asked Rachel. I stared at her carefully but she didn't say anything.

"She's Jake's wife," Ridge said. Rachel's eyes widened and she stuttered out, "How..."

Ridge held me closer to him and his grip slightly tighter as he said, "I found a fine on the table which resembles mine a couple of days ago. I opened it and I found your marriage certificate. The question is why did you lie to me. The only reason why I fake dated you because you wanted your ex- abusive boyfriend to stay away from you. The question is why would you fake date me if you are married?"  I grabbed Ridges hand because it was starting to hurt. He realized what he had done and he let go of my waist.

We stared at her and waited for her to answer but before she could even say anything Jake cut her off,

"First you need to remember. Since you won't move I'll have it my way then," Jake said. He turned around for a hot second only to turn back and grab my hair. He yanked my hair towards him. He pulled my hair down and pressed the gun against my head sono one could come near me. I stared at him right in the eye and within a second he threw me against the wall. It happened so fast I couldn't register anything.

I heard faint screams and a new headache made its way. My head pounded in pain as I held onto it tightly. I felt hot blood drizzle down my face. I could hear people calling my name faintly. Everything was fuzzy, images appeared in my head. They were new but old at the same time. I slowly got up, each image popped in my head hitting me like a bulldozer. I squinted to see what was happening.

Jake had his hand wrapped around Ridge's head and slammed it against the table. I heard screams and pleas so that Jake would stop but he didn't. I tried to say 'stop' but nothing came out of my mouth. I limped my way towards Jake who had his back faced against me.

I found myself doing something I hadn't done ever in my life. I shook my head back and forth, trying to regain my senses. My eyes were a bit more clear and with that I grabbed his gun. His body froze and he stopped his assault. He stood still and let go of Ridge making him fall on the ground.

"Turn around," I whispered softly. He slowly turned around, frightened, I helped the gun tightly so that he couldn't take it. The gun now pointed against his forehead. I smiled as I watched him turn pale.

"Hi...Jake," and with that I pulled the trigger.