Chapter 6

"Okay, I'll try to work up some more wise words to give you," Grady chuckled as I moved toward the door.

"Night."

"Night, Ridge."

I closed the door behind me, thinking about good it felt to have my best friend here with me.

*~*

*Beep*

"Turn that thing off,  it's a freaking Saturday and I am pretty sure that you are ahead of the freaking class I bet you did like all the assignments", Grady said and groaned. 

I chuckled oh God, I really missed my best friend. 

"How long are you planning on staying till?", I asked. 

"6 weeks have passed and we have 2 weeks of break left so probably a week", he said while yawning. 

"Yea a week, if you are planning to stay here permanently I don't know when I will see you again", he said. 

"Yea.. wait, do you have your stuff?", I asked. 

"Yea I do okay let's not talk about this and let me sleep, what time is it?", he said. 

"7:00", I said. 

"Who wakes up this early it should be illegal goodnight", he said. 

"Aye, Grady", I said seriously. 

"Yea", he said and opened his eyes and sat up straight. 

"You smell like shit", I said and chuckled. 

"Dude, what the hell I thought it might be something important", he said and threw the alarm clock at me. 

"It was ow, what the hell!", I said that freaking hurt. 

"Shitface, now let me sleep", he said. 

I went into the bathroom and freshened up and made my way downstairs. 

After that talk with Grady last night I realized I can't run away from my problems and that I have to face them. 

I walked into the kitchen to see Lee sitting at the kitchen table eating. 

I went and got cereal and a bowl and poured it in, I went over to the table and sat down.

"Hey", I said awkwardly. 

"Hi",  she said.

We were never like this I don't want it to be awkward I wanted it to be like the old times. 

"I just-", she cut me off before I could continue. 

"Look whatever it is I am-", I cut her off this time. 

"I'm Sorry", I said. 

"What?", she said. 

"Look, I am sorry about before I didn't mean to burst out like that I was just so angry. I was upset that no one told me. I know that it is all my fault, I'll admit it. I was never the brightest person 4 years ago I never cared, I was arrogant and selfish I probably still am selfish", I muttered the last part rather to myself.

"I have hurt people I have done things in which I am not proud of and I wish I could go back and change things. Believe me, I would if I had a choice, I stayed away because I thought that it was for the best. "

"I know I hurt you guys by going away, but honestly, you all were better off without me. I still think that you still are but I am too selfish and I want to stay and be here with you"

"I understand what happened between me and Braelyn was between us and you are right. Due to my mistakes and the things I have done you're friendship shouldn't be broken because of that", I said. 

She was crying. 

Why is she crying? I didn't mean to make her cry what did I do now? I am so stupid. I internally groaned. 

"I-I never knew t-that yo-ou felt-", she said and cried. 

"I am sorry", she said and wiped her tears. 

"Don't be sorry, it was my fault not yours", I said truthfully. 

"You love her still don't you", she said. 

That question took me a bit back I didn't see that coming. 

"I- uh... Forget it, I do still love her, I loved her every single day, every minute, every second for the past four years, What I did to Braelyn is unforgivable and I know that she will never give me a chance. If only I told her about the bet If only I told her I probably would have a chance with her right? I would be having an amazing life with her right now... right?", I said. 

"You really have changed, Ridge", Lee said and gave a smile. 

"That's all you got from that", I said and chuckled sadly. 

"If only you came earlier, she would have been with you," she said sadly. 

"There still hope isn't there? I saw it in her eyes at the parking lot there is a part of her that still loves me right?", I asked hopefully. 

She fiddled with her fingers and looked down. 

"Is there something that I don't know? You always do that when you are nervous", I said.

"I don't know if I should tell you this", she said. 

"Tell me, Lee", I said. 

"You remember the day when you left you had a talk with Braelyn?", she said unsurely. 

"Yea... but how do you know that?", I asked. 

"Let's just say she didn't handle it very well", she said with her eyes teared up a bit. 

"Tell me", I said I need to know. 

"She tried to kill herself", she said in a whisper. 

A tear came down my cheek. 

"Hey, so I thought that- am I interrupting something?", Braeyln said. 

Authors Note: 

How is it so far? Is it good or bad? 

Share your thoughts! 

Vote + Comment