Chapter 40

a/n: Y'all are gonna he shook ahhh I'm so excited!!! Comment once your come reading if you saw that coming !!!

Braeyln's Pov

"Sorry," I said while giving him an uneasy smile. Apparently there was some guy that Jake wanted me to meet. Currently I was dancing with him and it was kind of awkward because of Ridge. I looked at Ridge as we danced to find his eyes on me the whole time, while the others were talking. He grabbed the glass from the table with his injured hand without taking his eyes off of me and brought the glass towards his lips.

I looked back at the guy who I was dancing and smiled at him. I continued to dance with him knowing that Ridge was looking at me. I wasn't sure what he was saying and I felt guilty for not paying attention.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked awkwardly and he gave me a smirk. His arm wrapped around my waist and pushed me up against him. My eyes widened, pressing my hands against his chest I tried to move back but he didn't let me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I tried once more and he moved but it wasn't because of me. The guy raised his hand up and walked away, well then didn't see that coming. I looked at Ridge and raised my eyebrows at him but he ignored it.

"Dance with me," he said. I stared at his hand that was out for me to grab it. I stared at his hand and then back at him. I let out a small laugh and asked, "Are you serious?" He clenched his hand and brought it back to his side. His jaw hardened and he looked away so that I couldn't see his face.

"Why are you angry? If you want to dance you should with Katherine." He looked at me with anger and took a step forward but I didn't budge.

"What sick game are you playing?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows at him and asked, "I'm playing?" He nodded. I let out a scoff and nodded.

"Maybe you should ask that question to yourself," I said. I tried to walk away but he stopped me by grabbing my arm and pulling me close to him. I felt the rush of heat through my arm but I didn't move. Even though I didn't he noticed how uneasy I was feeling.

"Interesting," he said. That's all it took for me to release myself from his hold.

"Go back to your wife and stop bothering me," I said. I cringed on the inside; I needed to know what relationship he had that's why I keep on bringing it up.

"Why do you keep mentioning her? Are you jealous?" He asked. I stared at the man in front of me and he had no expression whatsoever on his face. I wish I knew what he was thinking.

"No, why would I be? You're married," I stated with no emotion. He looked at me carefully and finally nodded.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I asked for a dance because I saw that you weren't comfortable with that man. I was just trying to help," he said. It pained my heart when he said that. It didn't seem like he was hurt at all. Was that really the reason?

Does that mean I was wrong? I thought that I had some type of relationship with him in the past but I guess I was wrong. I thought that he purposely didn't recognize me because I might have done something in the past but I guess I'm wrong.

He was probably an acquaintance, classmate, or something. A part of me didn't want to believe it but it's a possibility. Maybe I should ask him. Yes, I should because I could have misunderstood everything. Better late than sorry.

"I need to ask you something, Ridge," I said while letting out a sigh. My heart was beating really fast making me uneasy but I had to do it. I looked at him to find him a bit startled or should I say surprised.

"What happened?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What did you just say?"

"I said I need to ask you something," I said. He shook his head and asked, "After that?" I tried to think what had been said and I looked at him weirdly.

"I asked what happened," I said. He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair. What is his problem? He seemed restless.

"That's not what I'm talking about you said something before that and-" my eyes widened making him stop. I asked oh my god. I said his name, shit. What do I say?

He looked at me curiously and asked, "I'm thirsty. Do you want a drink because I sure want it-" I said quickly and walked towards the bar. I'm so stupid why do I say things-ouch. Whoever bumped into me must be eating rocks because that hurt.

"I'm sorry," the person said and I'm pretty sure it was a guy. I waved him off and looked at my arm carefully to see if I had hurt myself.

"Braelyn, is that you?" The same guy asked. I stopped examining my wound and slowly looked up at the guy in front of me. The guy had dark brown eyes with brown hair and he was smiling at me. I felt a sense of warmth as he stood in front of me. I looked at him carefully but I couldn't seem to recognize him. Who is he? And how does he know me?

"It's me Xavier"

a/n: imagine seeing your old best friend and not recognizing them :(