Chapter 20

Please read the Authors Note at the end.

She was currently standing alone drinking water I am guessing, this is my shot.

While I was walking up to her she looked up at me and held her glass tightly.

"Braeyl-", someone grabbed my arm I turn around confused until I see someone unexpected standing right in front of me.

"Haddie?"

*~*

Unedited

Haddie, what the hell is she doing here?

I look at her confused what the actual hell.

"Ridge! What a pleasant surprise", she said with her eyes wide as she smiled widely. 

"What are you doing here?", I asked confused. 

"I'll tell you but first how have you been I missed you so much baby", Haddie said as she hugged me. 

Her arms were wrapped around my neck choking me, I couldn't breathe. 

She buried her face in the crook of my neck. 

"I missed you so much, Ridgey", she said mumbling into my neck. 

I tried not to laugh because her breath was tickled my neck, this isn't the time right now.

I try to wiggle out of her hold but she wouldn't let me go.

I tried a couple more times and she still wouldn't let me go, now I was getting angry. Every time I would try she would choke me, she would wrap her arm around me tighter. 

I looked over at Braelyn to see her angry, If this is what I am thinking then that means she... likes me.

Braelyn likes me! 

She is jealous because Haddie is hugging me, it has to be.

Just to confirm, I can't believe I am gonna do this. 

I wrap my arms around Haddies waist lightly, I stay there a couple seconds until I heard a noise which made me look up. 

Holy shit. 

The glass that Braelyn was holding was broken, shattered into pieces. Her eyes were still glued to my hands which were wrapped around Haddies waist. 

I slowly let go of Haddie, which then Braelyn shifts her attention away from us and looked down at her hand. 

Her eyes were watery, she was walking away and just when I was about to go after her Haddie stopped me.

I let my arm go out of her hold and walk towards where Braelyn was walking.

Where did she go?

"Hey, Ridge I got some good news-holy shit is that Haddie", Grady said.

"Why the hell is she here?", Grady asked confused. 

"I have no idea", I said frustratedly. 

"What's the good news Grady?", I asked. 

"Oh, uh nothing, I'll tell you later", he said.

"Just tell me", I said,

"Well, I'm gonna stay a while longer", Grady said. 

"Really? How long? What about college and-"

"Don't worry about that, my parents are going out of the country due to some family issues. They don't want me alone even though I am an adult, they think I am irresponsible I don't see it. Anyways, she asked your mom if I could stay with you guys for a while and I'll be taking online courses", Grady said. 

"I am glad you are staying here Grady", I sad truthfully. 

"Stop getting sentimental, I will stay here until I see you and Braelyn get married", he said. 

 Braelyn, oh god how can I forget. 

"I'll be right back", I said and went off to look for Braelyn. 

"No, please I am sorry just don't do anything to him", I heard Braelyn say. 

"Then you have to stay away from him! Why don't you stay in line Braelyn I am your to be husband! You shouldn't be looking at him that way", he said angrily. 

"Okay, okay I will b-but don't do anything p-please", she pleaded as tears went down her cheeks. 

"I-I have listened to you for the p-"

"Shhh I think someone is here", Jake said. 

Shit.

Authors Note:

Sorry I know I've been gone for a long time I have been busy this past summer, and on top of that, I just started my Junior year on Thursday the 9th.  I had to write an Essay and had other homework to do.

I'm sorry once again I will try to post at least once a week preferably on Saturday I guess.

I will take some time out just so I can sit down and write and since my chapters are short I will probably do 2 chapters then. 

I can't promise you but what I can do is try. 

Vote + Comment