Chapter 52

a/n: I have no idea what happened to chapter 51 sorry I didn't update yesterday because noticed half of chap 51 was gone. 

I'm so annoyed and I didn't want to rewrite the chapter again and decided to do it today. 

And maybe this time 

I wouldn't wake up.

*~*

Braeyln's POV

The sound of machines pounded against my ears making it very uncomfortable. I squint my eyes open because of the lights that were too bright for my liking. A boy stood up abruptly and called the doctor saying that I had woken up. After a while, I recognized him it was Grady. He grabbed his phone out and called Lee. 

After a while, the doctor walked inside and he stared at me in shock. 

"How are you alive?" The doctor asked and I groaned in pain as I tried to move. 

"The amount of blood you had l mji8ost we thought you were long gone and on top of that you were in a coma," the doctor said while talking to himself. I rolled my eyes at him as to how unprofessional he was. I sighed and after a while, but the pain in my arm wasn't going to leave any time soon.  

I zoned out when the doctor was telling Grady something, once the doctor was gone. I looked at Grady and gave him a small smile and asked, "What happened?"  

"You were in a coma for a week straight, the doctors weren't expecting you to get up. It's a miracle," Grady said as he sat on the side of the bed as his eyes teared up. I coughed, which hurt so much. My body trembled due to weakness; I lay back down and tried not to move too much. 

"What happened after the cops came?" I asked. 

"They all got arrested so don't worry about Jake he's never going to come back ever again. I also wanted to apologize for not protecting you a-" 

"You couldn't even if you wanted to I understand, don't beat yourself to it," I said and he nodded. I can't believe that it's all over now and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I felt relaxed some of the weight was off of my shoulders but at the same time, I felt restless because he knew what I had done. 

The guilt was eating me up and him knowing it won't make me feel any better. I shut my eyes tightly and held it in. I wish I didn't remember anything; It was as selfish of me as it sounds. But then again I wouldn't have remembered Ridge. Speaking of which where is Ridge? I get up abruptly worried. 

Grady looked at me worriedly and checked to see if I was hurt but I shook my head back and forth telling him that I was fine. I ignored the pain in my body and look up at him and tried to form sentences but nothing would come out. I was panicking and I wasn't sure why. 

"Where...Ridge,"  I choked. I had a bad feeling; I held my heart lightly and he right then his face had dropped. This couldn't be happening. The door opened and Lee walked towards me with teary eyes. 

"You're awake," Lee said while standing in front of me. I let out a smile but all I could think about was Ridge. 

"Where's Ridge?" I asked. 

Lee's face dropped as well and she turned around and looked at the door to find Ridge standing there. He stared at Ridge and Lee then at me confused, "What's going on? I thought we were going to pick up your kids? And who is she?" My heart dropped when he had said that and I looked at Lee and Grady in disbelief. This can't be happening please no, please be a joke, please. 

"He doesn't remember you...Braelyn."