Chapter 17

"I don't think I hate you... I think I am looking for excuses", she said whispering out.

"What do you mean by excuses", I asked.

She continued to cry and she looked up at me

"Something else had happened the night I tried to hurt myself..", she said whispering out while tears were coming down.

*~*

"I was in denial", she said quietly. 

"It has to be right?",  she said while looking at me.

"What happened?", I asked. 

She flinched back as if she was about to get slapped.

"No, no, I can't I'm scared that something might happen and- no I can't", she said while shaking her head back and forth. 

"It's okay, nothing will happen you can tell me", I said and caressed her cheek. 

"You don't understand...", she said and continued to cry. 

"Then explain and make me understand", I said. 

"The reason why I started cutting wasn't you", she said quietly. 

"Something had happened on prom day and I couldn't really remember. Until the day you left, when I was crying I started to remember", she said while tears were coming down. 

"I wish I stayed at home that night but I decided that I should go for a midnight walk you know? I was hurt by everything but after what I heard and saw. I wish I wasn't curious, I wish I wasn't. That's when I knew that I was involved", she said and cried.

"I can't tell you why or what happened because it will ruin you and I'd rather die then let you know", she said while crying. 

"Just remember one thing...when I say things they normally mean the other. There is always another side to everything", she said seriously. 

"Just remember that", she said once more. 

What the hell is she talking and what the hell happened?

"I am so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything", Braelyn said once more. 

"He will know, he will find out", Braelyn said while shaking her head back and forth. 

What happened?

I grabbed her by the waist and hugged her, she hugged me tightly as I brushed my hand through her hair. 

"Shhh, it's okay", I said trying to calm her down. 

"It isn't okay! He will find out, he always has and always will", Braelyn said as she held me tighter. 

"I wish things ended differently", she said. 

"I don't hate you, I tried to hate you but I couldn't so that's why I blamed it on you", she confessed. 

She let go, and instantly I missed the warmth so I brought my hands around her waist once more. 

And embraced her into another hug, she tried to move away but gave into the hug. I bury my face into the crook of her neck and hugged her. 

"Finally!"

I look to see Lee and Grady standing there, Lee all happy and giddy and Grady wiping his fake tears. 

"You two finally made up", Lee said. 

"I am so proud of you two", Grady said smiling. 

"So since you two finally made up let's talk about the wedding you see Ridge here had an Idea. Elope-", Lee cut him off by putting her hand around his mouth to shut him up. 

"He has quite the imagination doesn't he, oh right now he was talking about. How he should you know, get married to some girl because of his parents won't accept her and stuff", Lee said I could tell she was trying to make an excuse. 

I love her but that was just...no

"Babe, that girl is you I can't believe we are gonna elope and live in Vegas", Grady said while he kissed the side of Lee's head. 

What the hell?

"Grady, so you guys are gonna elope?", I asked. 

Grady's eyes went wide and he looked at Lee. 

"Looks like we can't get married, I forgot your brother was here", Grady said. 

"Well plans are cancelled I'll be going, oh and don't do any funny business here", Grady said and smiled evilly and walked away with Lee. 

I look over at Braelyn she was staring at me but she looked away while blushing. 

Cute, I just can't help but think about what happened? 

Why is she so scared? 

What could have possibly happened? 

I sat down next to her and I reached out to get the jug but I accidently spilled it on Braelyean.

She was facing away from the table, but her back was touching the table and with that her jacket got wet. 

"I'm sorry", I said and she just smiled. 

"It's fine", she said. 

I took some kitchen towel trying to clean up the mess I made.

"Here let me get you a towel and let me put your jacket down for it to dry", I said. 

She took her jacket off and something caught my eye. 

"Braelyn what the hell is this?!", I said angrily. 

Authors Note: 

Sorry, I know it's been a while but I will try to update more!

What do you think happened? 

What do you think he saw? 

Vote + Comment