Chapter 41

"I'm sorry," the person said and I'm pretty sure it was a guy. I waved him off and looked at my arm carefully to see if I had hurt myself.

"Braelyn, is that you?" The same guy asked. I stopped examining my wound and slowly looked up at the guy in front of me. The guy had dark brown eyes with brown hair and he was smiling at me. I felt a sense of warmth as he stood in front of me. I looked at him carefully but I couldn't seem to recognize him. Who is he? And how does he know me?

"It's me Xavier"

*~*

I stood there confused as he stared at me. I wanted to ask him who he was but then I wasn't sure if he'd tell me the truth about the past.

"Do you remember me? I mean it has been a while since the last time we met when you know..." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at what he was talking about. He stared at me, waiting for me to respond but I didn't. He sighed and grabbed my hand into his, smiled at me sadly. I looked at him carefully, were we ever close if so does he know who I've been with? Maybe he could tell me what type of relationship I had with Ridge.

I smiled at him and asked, "You know, what?" He looked at me concerned and the mood slightly shifted. He brought his hand back to his side and said ever so softly, "Since the funeral." My eyes slightly widened. What funeral is he talking about? I nodded my head acting as if I remembered and noticed that his eyes started to water. Who passed away? Was it someone important?

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up. I didn't mean to bring memories back. I still can't get over the fact that he's gone and I shouldn't be talking about this. Anyways, what have you been up to and how is Lee and Grady?" He asked. How does he know them? He must not be that close to them because from what I'm interpreting, he doesn't seem to know that I don't remember anything. And who is 'he?' I had to think of a way for him to say that person's name without revealing that I don't remember.

"Say the name, don't say he. We need to learn how to say his name without feeling upset because it'll help heal the pain," I said hopefully. This better work. I felt bad about not telling him the truth about me not remembering but I had to find out.

He looked at me carefully and then nodded, "You're right. I should." I narrowed my eyes on him. I wanted him to say the name.

"Say it," I knew that being persistent would make him suspicious but I had to do it. He looked at me carefully and nodded, "I-Ridge?" He asked and his eyes widened as he stared at the person behind me. I turned around to see him standing really close to me. So he knows who he is. Ridge stared at Xavier carefully but didn't say anything and then at me.

Xavier then looked at me and asked, "Why didn't you tell me that he's alive and not dead."