Chapter 42

A/n: Double update
I sat down in the passenger seat of Ridge's car, frustrated as to what had just happened.

"Why didn't you tell me that he's alive and not dead?" He's dead? I looked at Ridge to find his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Xavier.

"Hello, remember me Mr. Clark?" Jake said as he reached his hand out to Xavier and stood right by Ridge.

"I do. I thought you were the president of Harrington," Xavier said and Jake laughed it off and brought his hand back to his side when Xavier didn't make a move to shake his hand.

"I am the vice president of the company of Harrington Enterprise. The day when we signed the contract the president wasn't present. I had taken the spot; we had notified your company beforehand. I apologize if I wasn't clear," Jake said professionally. Xavier nodded and looked back at Ridge, he seemed to be tense.

What did he mean by he thought he was dead. I knew for a fact that he was talking about Ridge but why would he think that? Could the funeral and Ridge have a connection? I mean it's a possibility but it could be something else.

"It's nice meeting you, Mr.Clark. I'm glad we have the chance to work with your company," Ridge said while smiling and he grabbed a drink from the waiter then gave it to Xavier. He looked back at me and smiled, "And this is Braeyln Sawyer my assistant." Oh god, did he just smile at me. His eyes captivated mine making it very hard for me to look away. His eyes lowered down to my lips and then back at my eyes.

Is it hot here or is it just me. This man is going to be the death of me, he knew the effect he had on me. Why is he doing this?  I forced myself to look at Xavier and he seemed quite confused and shocked at the same time. What is going in that brain of yours?

"Do you by any chance already know my assistant here, Mr. Clark?" Ridge asked. I turned slightly to see his face and it seemed like he was jealous. His ears were red and his injured hand was around the glass.

"Be careful Mr. Remington we don't want your hand injured even more now do we?" I asked while raising my eyebrows.

"I assure you that it won't happen again Ms. Sawyer. I am fully capable of holding a glass by myself," Ridge said and I let out a small scoff.

"It didn't seem like that a while ago, Mr. Remington. Here let me hold that for you just in case."  I grabbed the glass from his hands and held it for him. He looked down, hiding the small smile on his face and looked back up nodded. I let out a small smile and then then looked back at Xavier to see him confused, once again.

"Mr. Clark, we need you, it's an emergency," someone said as they ran toward Xavier. He nodded without looking at the person and put the drink on the table. He was about to leave but he stopped and asked, "Can I  have your number?" I hesitantly nodded and we both exchanged numbers and he said, "We need to talk soon. I'll send you the details tonight," Xavier said and with that he left.

After that we stayed for a bit and decided to leave. Ridge offered to drop me off at home because my car had broken down. I looked around to see where we were going because I hadn't told him where to go. I decided to not say anything because the area seemed familiar. He pulled onto the side and parked the car ready for me to leave.

"Interesting," I muttered and he looked at me weirdly. I raised my eyebrows at him and asked, "I didn't give you any directions and you brought me here...how?" He looked at me confused and I pointed at the house.

His eyes widened but he quickly shook it off by saying, "I'm your boss. I have information about you and where you live."

I let out a chuckle and said, "I would have believed you but this isn't my house, Mr. Remington. I changed the address since the beginning so there is no way that you know that I used to live here with the McCain's. And the way you drove here seemed like you've come here multiple times and not just coincidentally." Gotcha. Now, you can't get away from this. Maybe, he knows Lee and Grady. I was convinced that he and I had a past and he didn't have to say anything. Instead, he showed it to me.

"I think we should go inside, don't you think."

I don't think Lee and Grady would mind...right?

A/n: What do you think will happen?