Chapter 43

Braeyln's POV

a/n: A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks but I'm back now! 

I stared at him for an answer and when he didn't answer I decided to grab his hand. He jolted in shock as if he realized that he was still here. Ridge looked at me angrily and said, "Go." I furrowed my eyebrows, shocked at the tone he used. What happened to him? Is he upset that I caught him? I was about to ask him what his problem was but he grabbed my purse and shoved it against my stomach.

His breathing was slightly uneven, he gripped the steering wheel tightly and looked away. His leg shook just like mine used to. He was having a panic attack just like the ones I get. I touched his shoulder but he flinched and so I pulled my hand back. I didn't want to leave him alone especially when he was having a panic attack. He turned his body a little so that he could see me.

"Fine if yo-you ar-are not l-leaving I'll leave," he choked out. Ridge attempted to open the door. I tried to help him open the door but he pushed my hand away from him and got out of the car. I quickly opened my car door and made my way towards his side, by the time I got there he was already on the ground. I placed his head on my lap and tried to call him down. I tried other things but nothing worked, tears ran down his cheeks, as his body shook uncontrollably. I didn't have anything on me right now and at this moment I wished that I did. I moved his hair back and kissed his forehead. My lips lingered against his forehead as his breathing slowed down. I held his body closer to mine giving him warmth.

I was never good at talking. Hopefully he understands that I am here for him. I moved back a little and brushed his hair away from his face. His eyes were closed and tears were streaming down his cheeks once again. I wiped them away with my free hand, softly, and moved down to kiss his cheek ever so softly. At this moment I didn't care about anything. I just wanted him to be okay.

I was about to pull myself away from him but he grabbed my head and pushed it down. He allowed his lips to linger against my cheek, giving me a soft kiss. I didn't move. I felt the corners of my lips to shift up, for the first time in my life I felt complete. Sure my friends and family made me happy but there was something missing and at this moment I realized it was him.

Ridge pulled back and I did as well. I didn't move and he didn't either. We sat on the ground in complete silence and stared at each other. I didn't want this day to ever end. I pushed his hair away from his face once again and caressed his face this time. At the moment I had forgotten everything but I didn't want to stop now either.

His eyes softened as he stared at me and right then his phone rang ruining the moment. He blinked a couple of times and so did I. I wait for him to pick up the phone but after a while I realized that it was my phone. I grabbed my phone from my purse and picked it up. I checked the caller ID it's Lee.

"Where are you! I need you to come to my house right now. It is an emergency!" Lee said. I looked at Ridge and I knew that he heard everything.

"I'm in front of your house. My boss isn't feeling well. Is it okay if he comes inside as well?" I asked while staring at Ridge. I studied him as I talked to Lee and he had no reaction whatsoever. I ended the call with Lee and grabbed Ridge's hand pulling him up. His eyes widened and I looked around the street to find no one there. I interlocked my hand with his so that he couldn't escape from my hold. He's still surprised by my actions and honestly I was also.

I pressed the doorbell which caught Ridge's attention. He tried to pull away from my hold but I didn't let him go. Today is the day. We have to face the truth once and for all.

The door to the McCains house finally opened. I looked at Ridge to find him nervous and smiled.

"Lee this is my Boss Ridge Harrington."