Chapter 27

I woke with the sound of my phone ringing, who could be calling me this early in the morning. I rub my eyes and check my phone to see who was calling me. Really, an unknown number and it's seven in the morning don't they have a life. Pressing the green button I put it against my ear, this better be good otherwise I'll hunt your ass and kill you myself for disrupting my sleep. I cough and shift to the other side of the bed and said, "Hello."

"Hello! This is Jake from Harrington's Enterprise. We had given a letter a couple days ago and it was mailed to your house. Regarding the position, we can't offer that but we can offer a position as the CEO's personal assistant. It isn't guaranteed that you'll get the job because there are others here as well for that position. We explained it in the letter that we had mailed..." I quickly get up. It's the mail that I had picked up from Lee's a couple days ago. It's in my backpack; I put the phone on mute and listened to the guy talking. Once I found the mail I opened it up quickly and read it. They were expecting a call from me yesterday and I didn't even know.

"With that saying are you coming to the interview today?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. I wasn't aware that I had to call and apologize in advance," I said. I didn't know that they were giving me a chance to even have an interview. Whatever the position is, as long as it is a job other than the diner I am all set.

"I'm glad to hear that, see you at eight-o-clock sharp Ms. Sawyer." After the phone call ended I checked the time it was seven-eighteen. Oh no, this isn't good; I didn't know where the company was and I wasn't ready. This is bad. I jumped out of my bed and went straight towards the closet and grabbed my interview clothes.

I had bought a pair of clothes strictly for interviews only so that I could grab and go. Thank god, I took a shower last night. I brushed my teeth and did my hair and makeup. I tucked in my shirt and wore my black heels. I grabbed my portfolio that was on the top shelf of my closet and made my way downstairs. Grabbing food I walked out locking the door and checked the time. It's seven-thirty, I checked how far the company was from my house and it was exactly thirty minutes. 

I called Ronnie and connected her to the car, "Why'd you call me so early we have work at nine-thirty. Let me sleep." She said gruffly.

"I might be late to the diner or I don't think I can make it actually; I'm going to a job interview right now," I said and that got her attention as I heard her shuffle in her bed.

"Why didn't you mention this before but I'll see if Julie can cover for you." Thank god. They both worked at the diner so that they can pay off their college debt since they are in med-school.

"I didn't know until an hour ago," I said and heard a gasp from the other side of the phone.

"Oh god, you must be stressed right now. Don't worry about the diner stuff, just focus on the interview you'll do great! Tell me everything afterwards and drive safely! Good luck!," She said. I laughed nervously and we both said goodbye and I ended the call. I pulled into the company and parked in the west area. It was for those that were going to an interview so they had a specific part reserved for them.

It is seven- fifty three; I can't believe I made it seven minutes early. I locked the car and made my way inside the huge building. Once I took a step inside I didn't want to ever leave this place ever again. It was beautiful, breathtaking. I looked around to see the receptionist on the right. I made my way towards her and asked, "I'm here for the interview today at eight-o-clock for the position of the CEO's assistant." The lady checked the time and nodded.

"You got lucky, they normally don't let anyone come past eight o'clock. Anyways, do you have the ticket?" She asked. I looked at her weirdly. What ticket was she talking about?

"I believe it was in the envelope that was given to you because that's the only way you can go in for the interview," she said awkwardly. I hold my portfolio tightly knowing that I hadn't brought the envelope with me. How could I forget the envelope; I'm so stupid.

"I don't have the envelope with me. Is there any way I can still get my interview." I asked worriedly.

"I can call and ask and ask. Just to let you know even if he lets you in, not bringing the ticket can go against you. Just give you a heads-up let me see what I can do," she dialed in someone's number and I turned around hoping that the person would let me.