Chapter 30

I've been trying to update it but my internet isn't good :(
*~*

Braeyln's POV

I hesitantly grabbed my hand against his and regretted it. I wanted the feeling to leave but it wouldn't, it's like I have no choice. I couldn't control the rush that subsided my body. His big hands gave warmth against my own.

"Braeyln Sawyer," I said. The grip that he had against my hand is gone. His hand is now against his side and he stared at me intently. The tension in the room is evident but I had to control it. I stood in front of him holding his gaze against my own. There's something about him I wanted to know why I felt this way. His phone rang bringing us both back to reality.

He motioned me to sit back down in front of his desk. I complied and sat down as he sat down in his chair. He ended the call but texted the person that had just called, I presumed. Once Mr. Harrington put his phone down and he stared at me and asked, "Are you okay, Ms. Sawyer?" His eyes stared into my own intently and showed that he was indeed worried. The way he asked me made my breathing hitch. His voice was firm and husky at the same time making it powerful. I gave him a firm nod not trusting my own words.

"Are you sure? We can have this meeting another time if you aren't feeling well," Mr. Harrington said, grabbing a file from his desk.

"I can assure you Mr. Harrington that I'm okay. If you don't mind, can we continue?" I asked politely. The file in his hand is now held tightly. His eyes were on the file and away from me. I just wanted to get away from this man because I've never felt out of control. I've always had my cool but when I'm around him I can't. He nodded, understanding, and I let out a shaky sigh.

"I'll give you instructions, familiarize yourself with it. You'll have training for only two days and then I expect you to know it by heart. Since you are my assistant I expect you to come seven o'clock sharp. You'll also sign the contract tomorrow as well. If you have any questions then you can ask me. Is that understood, Ms. Sawyer," His jaw clenched tightly as he stared at me. I wanted to ask him why he is so damn confusing. I wanted to ask him why I felt this way whenever I was around him but knowing my boundaries I wouldn't. He'd think that I'm crazy and I'm just horny, then I will loose my job for sure.

His phone rang once again and I averted my attention elsewhere but the particular ring on his finger had caught my eye. The thoughts and feelings that I had were now gone because of that ring. For this first time since the beginning of the meeting I haven't seen him smile. Until now, his lips widened and his eyes brightened as he talked o the person on the phone. And I had a feeling that I knew who he was talking to.

"Don't be like that, babe, I'll make it up to you." The feeling in my heart that gave me a giddy and glittery feeling drowned itself. I felt a pit in my heart making me uneasy. I shifted on my seat uncomfortably. He noticed my uneasiness and the smile in his face faltered.

It's like he had forgotten that I was there. He cleared his throat and said, "You may leave," he covered his phone and I nodded.

"I can't. I'm treating the company that day, how about tomorrow, sweetheart," he said. I grabbed my purse tightly. Trying to ease my breathing, my senses have now heightened. These thoughts are forbidden I thought. It's never going to happen, he's my boss now. I need to be professional. I walked towards the door and grabbed the door handle. Before I opened it; I stood there for a quick second. I moved my head to the side and looked at the mirror.

To find him staring at me.