Chapter 31

"How was your interview?" Ronnie asked. I sighed and grabbed the bottle and drank out of it. I normally don't drink but the past couple of days have been hard for me. This man that I've been seeing is making me feel things that I've never felt before. I thought that he might've known me in the past but the way he acted didn't seem like it. It might all just be in my head after all.

"I got the job," I said and Julie squealed in excitement. I sighed and Ronnie looked at me weirdly.

"You don't seem happy, why is that?" Ronnie asked. I stared at my two friends that are wearing the diner uniform. And since no one was at the diner they were allowed to sit down for a while. I debated if I should tell them or not. They might think that I'm crazy if I do.

"Just a bit nervous that's all," I said. I wasn't lying. Whatever I felt, I can't seem to control and I needed to control myself.

*~*

"So you're telling me that you didn't know about the interview? You know what I got out of this conversation," Lee said. I layed down on the couch and asked, "What?"

"You should always open the mail right away no matter what because you may forget," she said. I narrowed my eyes at her and threw the pillow at her.

"Where's Grady?" I asked.

"He's putting the kids to sleep, thank god, I'm getting a break from them today," Lee said while laughing. She hasn't had a single break from the kids and I could tell that she was tired from them.

"Now that you have a job, have you quit the diner yet?" She asked. I shook my head. I didn't have the guts to do it but Julie told her for me. She yelled out that I quit to my boss and let's just say she didn't take it well. And then Julie picked me up hugging me in the middle of the diner as people stared at us. It was really embarressing.

"Now, I just need to pay off my bills and maybe find a guy," I said jokingly. Lee, shifted in her seat uncomfortably and it got me thinking. This is my chance, I should ask her.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and she nodded.

"Was I with someone before the accident?" I asked. Lee choked on air and she stared at me with her eyes slightly widened. I was never interested in my past and Lee has tried to help me rememeber. I never saw my pictures from the past either because I didn't want to upset myself even for not remembering. But if there's a chance that my boss is related to the past then I had to know. I've never once asked her but now I can't help but wonder.

"I thought you didn't want to know?" Lee asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at her curious as to why she was being so defensive about it.

"Is there something that you're hiding from me, Lee?" I asked. She took a deep breath and her eyes teared up. She took a deep breath and I asked, "I want to know, Lee, will you tell me? Did I have a lover or something in the past? I want to know everything." Lee held onto her pillow tightly and shook her head.

"Okay, I'll tell you."