Chapter 53

"He doesn't remember you...Braelyn."

*~*

"What do you mean he doesn't remember me?" I asked in disbelief.  This can't be happening again. I shook my head back and forth in disbelief. 

"Can I talk to you alone?" Ridge asked me. Lee and Grady looked at me this time and I nodded approving. They both got up and walked out of the room leaving the two of us alone. I stared at the boy who has my heart but doesn't remember who I am. I stared at the ceiling above as my heart broke into pieces.

I deserve this after everything. This is my punishment and Jake made sure that I would have to live with this for the rest of my life. I just wanted to be happy after everything I thought that Ridge and I could finally live the life we wanted to.

I heard footsteps making its way towards me. The boy with the green eyes stood in front of me as he stared at me.

"What decision have you made?" I asked Ridge. He stared at me confused and it hurt my heart so much. My heart and soul were yelling at him begging him to remember me. At the same time maybe this is good for Ridge, because after all these years maybe he needs a new fresh start.

"I don't know," Ridge said and I nodded. I wiped my tears away and sighed when will this end. I took a deep breath and let out a small laugh and looked at Ridge and said, "It's up to you. I'll let you decide what you want to do."

I'm not giving up but giving him the choice if he wants to be in my life or not. Although, he doesn't remember me I wanted his heart to choose me.

"He said you're my wife," Ridge said.

"And you're my husband," I said while smiling painfully.

"Then why are you letting me go?" Ridge asked. That question caught me off guard but I knew why.

"I don't want to force you to stay with me if you don't want to. If you don't want me in your life then I won't," I said truthfully. I wanted to yell at him and tell him that it's me your Braeyln but I knew that would have no effect. I wanted to pull him in my arms and never let him go.

"My heart is telling me to stay with you and never let you go," Ridge said while giving me a confused smile. A small smile made its way to my face when he said that. He took another step forward and sat down on the bed right beside me.

He brought his hand towards my face, hovering over my cheek asking for permission, and I gave it to him. Once his hand touched my face sparks rushed through my body just like the first time we had met. I closed my eyes feeling the warmth all over my body making me feel alive again. Giving me a purpose to live again. I felt a pair of lips against mine, softly kissing me, leaving me in pure and utter bliss.

Once the warmth was gone I opened my eyes to see Ridge staring at me, "Aren't you going to slap me?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion what is he talking about.

He rolled his eyes at me and said, "Remember the first time we kissed you slapped me." I nodded when a vivid flashback appeared.

"How do you remember that?" I asked him confused. He let out a small laugh, and said, "I'm sorry I can't do this anymore."

I stared at him confusion until realization hit me, "You were faking it!" I exclaimed and he laughed at me. I looked away at him frustrated and angry at him; I can't believe he just did that with me.

"I'm sorry, babe, look at me..." He said while motioning me to look at him.

"I was going to tell you but you were going to let me go," Ridge said. I scoffed and looked at him in disbelief, "What would you do if you were e in my position?" I asked him.

"I wouldn't let you go even if you wanted to. I'd lock you up with chains and keep you in my house and force you to remember me," Ridge said. I rolled my eyes and smiled at his comment.

"Do Lee and Grady know that you remember?" I asked. He nodded and my eyes widened what? "They were in on this as well? Watch what I will do to both of them," I said while shaking my head back and forth. He grabbed me by my face and faced it towards him and stared at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Staring at my beautiful wife," he said. I felt my cheeks burn, most likely turning into a dark shade of pink.

"We both have been through a lot, especially you, and I don't want to think about the past anymore. We have fought our enemies, faced situations, and we made it till the end alive together. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, peacefully, and happy," Ridge said and I nodded as hugged him tightly against me. Making sure that he won't go anywhere this time and will be with me. And I did as he said, the past is now all gone. I didn't want to be there anymore, the thing I had done I will repent and ask for forgiveness till the day I die. I will figure out a way to give back after what I had done. I will then move on and focus on life with my loved ones.

"Oh my god, Ridge, you remember?" Lee asked fake shocked.

I rolled my eyes at her and said, "He told me."

Grady pointed at Lee and Ridge and said, "It was their idea, not mine. I'm just an innocent soul but you two should be ashamed of yourself." We all laughed at Lee and Brady bickering over the dumbest things. I felt my hand against Ridge's as he held it tightly against him not letting it go.

"I love you, Braelyn,"

"I love you, Ridge,"

Forever and always.

I was finally happy and so was Ridge.

THE END

OMG, YALL WE MADE IT THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT.

Ya'll I didn't expect this book to end this way I was going to write an ending where Ridge didn't remember anything but they ended up together.

But then that would have left an open ending and I would have to write a third book to make yall happy lol.

This is it. I can't believe I continued this book after two years honestly I did not expect the book to have a huge turnover.

I hope you enjoyed reading it. I really want to go back and edit the book.

I wanna add more scenes of bray and ridge w out their memories and with their memories.

Idk if I should make a book three. We shall see.

I might stop here and if I do I have more books y'all can check it out. As of right now I'm going to edit the heck out of this book and make it 10x more descriptive.

Anyway thank u all for staying till the end :) I love you all so much 🥺❤️

What are y'all thoughts about book 3? If there is one