Chapter 7

"Tell me", I said I need to know.

"She tried to kill herself", she said in a whisper.

A tear came down my cheek.

"Hey, so I thought that- am I interrupting something?", Braelyn said. 

*~*

Ridge POV

I quickly wipe that tear away before she could see it, I rarely cry no matter what happens I don't cry. 

Just thinking about my Braelyn trying to hurt herself makes me mad and angry at myself.

I look up to see Lee wiping her tears and drinking water

"If I am interrupting something I'll just come back later", Braelyn says. 

"No, stay, its fine you didn't interrupt anything", I said while trying not to make any eye contact. 

"I'll tell you the rest later", Lee whispered. 

"No need I know what to do now", I said. 

"What do you mean you know what to do now, don't do anything stupid", Lee said worriedly. 

I look over to Braelyn and she was on the phone probably talking to her finance, she was laughing. 

It's been so long since I have seen her smile and laugh, she is happy her life is set. 

She is happy without me and it hurts so much because I wish I was the one who could make her smile like that. 

I can't help but think about whether me coming back was a mistake or not, everyone seems to be better off without me. 

I can't be selfish, I can't help but think that what if Braelyn did- knowing that I could have lost her because of the stupid mistakes that I have made. 

Sha's everything and is happy why do I have to ruin that for her. 

I need to let her go just like she has done with me, I don't deserve her she deserves to be happy and I won't ruin that. 

"Don't worry I'll make it right this time", I said with a smile. 

I know what I have to do now. 

I have to talk to Braelyn. 

"Hey", she said while walking to the dining table. 

"Hi", Lee said. 

I continued to eat my cereal. 

"So um- it's about the preparations, uh can we talk in private", Braelyn says uncomfortably. 

"Uh sure", Lee said. 

"Don't stop on my account if you want to go ahead", I said. 

I get my phone out and go on Instagram.  

"Uh-okay", Braelyn said.

"We decided that the engagement party will in two weeks and then the wedding will be next month", Braelyn said. 

"Why the hurry?", Lee said. 

"He said he couldn't wait any longer and I couldn't either", Braelyn said and laughed. 

"Okay, so we will need to get your dress and send the invitations out, oh my we have so much to do", Lee said. 

"The engagement will be held where?", Lee asked.   

"At the Remington's, but I have to choose the flower to decorate the house and I don't know which ones to chose", Braelyn said. 

Blue and white roses

"That's actually a good idea blue and white roses is a good combination", Lee said. 

I didn't realize I said that out loud. 

They were one of her favorite flower combinations, I hope she didn't notice. 

I look over at Braelyn and she had a confused look on her face and that was her thinking face. She used to do that face a lot, I found it cute. 

I still do.

"The invitations we can do tomorrow, we will go dress shopping today", Lee said. 

I put my spoon back down due to losing my appetite, all I could think about is that I really lost her.  

Lee looks over at me and looks guilty as if she did something wrong I smiled at her reassuring her that everything is fine. 

I look over at Braelyn to see her staring at me, she quickly looked down on her phone.

I internally smiled oh how much I missed those eyes. 

"Ridge you freaking asshole you did this on purpose didn't you", Grady said angry and came into the kitchen. 

Thank God, my parents aren't here otherwise he would have woken them up. 

"Why did you put an alarm on my phone for 7:45?", he said. 

I couldn't help but laugh I forgot I put an alarm on his phone.

"I did no such thing", I said shrugging innocently.

"Yo-wait, who are you", he said while pointing at Braelyn. 

"Oh my- you", he said a bit shocked. 

No, shit please, God, he can't remember her he just can't.

"The one in the pictures is you isn't it?", he said with a smirk. 

"What are you talking about? More Importantly, who are you?", Braelyn said confused. 

"Well Hi, I am Grady and it's a pleasure meeting you Braelyn", he said with a smirk. 

"Well this is gonna be fun", Grady said.

Holy shit. 

Authors Note: 

How was it? Is it boring? If so tell me, share your thoughts and opinions with me.

What do you think will happen next?