Twin Telepathy (Happy Birthday Zakuro & Sakura Oshigiri - Dec 25th 2020 -)

Type of story: Short story (no reader insert)
Written by: @rikkaxira4ever
POV: 3rd person
________________________________

It was morning in Genome Tower, and Kaikoku tiredly made his way to the common room to grab something to eat. Everyone was already in the kitchen, all joined together with Zakuro, who's special day was that very day

"We'll look who decided to drop in." Anya called over, as he saw Kaikoku waltz into the room.

Kaikoku smiled slightly and did a small bow, "Fashionably late I suppose, but I'm here now."

"Just in time too!" Yuzu chimed in, "we were just enjoying the special breakfast Himi made for today." She held up a plate of fluffy pancakes up to him.

"Mhm!" came a muffle from Iride, who already managed to have pancakes stuffed in his mouth.

"I see." Kaikoku thanked Yuzu, and took the plate from her and began to help himself as well.

They continued to spend the their morning chatting like always and presenting gifts to Zakuro, to which he handled quite awkwardly, but there was no surprise there.

Once everyone was finished, the common room slowly began to disperse as Himiko disappeared off into the kitchen to clean up.

Everyone resumed to their normal day activities. Kaikoku was by the fridge, pouring himself a glass of juice when he noticed Zakuro still seated by the table, looking down.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Kaikoku asked, "it's your birthday, cheer up."

Zakuro looked up at him and back down at his hands, "Well.. It's just.. I'm not really used to spending birthdays.. alone."

Kaikoku looked at his hands and saw a small bracelet with an engraved plaque and immediately knew what he meant. Zakuro wasn't the only one who had a birthday today. It was his twin sister Sakura's as well.

Zakuro sighed, "I just wish that I can wish her a happy birthday and spend time together like we used to.."

Well.. she is technically here..
Kaikoku thought.

In fact, Kaikoku even met her before. When he was sent to the White Room, he met Sakura and her two other companions, surprisingly safe and alive. Although, he swore not to tell Zakuro anything about his sister, which fair enough, he would go completely ballistic for if he knew.

Kaikoku walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sure wherever she is, she's thinking about you and how she misses you too."

Zakuro looked up at him, "R-Really?"

"Of course, in fact. Twins are special in that kind of way, you both have a special connection."

"S-Special connection?"

"Well I mean yeah, 'twin telepathy' as they call it." Kaikoku said, with a small laugh.

Although despite Kaikoku's joke, Zakuro became a lot more interested.

"Twin... telepathy..?"

"Yeah, don't you know? The act of when twins can 'telepathically' communicate with one another or something like that."

Zakuro shot upright in his chair which caught Kaikoku a little off guard.

"S-So you're saying that I can.. communicate with Sakura through.. my mind..?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, Oshigiri!" Kaikoku put his hands out to him, " Now listen. It's not actually re-

But Zakuro didn't let him finish, "How does it work Onigasaki!? D-Do I have to like think about something really hard o-or maybe eat something? Or get bitten by a radioactive spider-

He kept rambling on and on about different ways, which left Kaikoku looking at him in dismay.

Good lord, what have I done..

-

"Um- Kaikoku-san.. what is Oshigiri-san doing?" Iride asked.

Kaikoku looked back at Zakuro, sighed and turned to Iride, "Don't worry about it."

After learning upon about the wonders of twin telepathy, Zakuro insisted on trying it out for himself to see if he could somehow reach his twin sister. Which resulted him into sitting in a corner with his fingers on either side of his head, staring hard at a wall in total concentration.

Don't worry Sakura! I'm sure my thoughts will reach to you!
Zakuro thought in desperation.

Somehow!

-

Meanwhile, deep underground of Genome Tower, Sakura, Nanami and Chihiro were exploring the hidden caverns of the building.

"Be sure to keep close you too!" Nanami who was upfront, called back to the others, "we don't want anyone getting lost."

Sakura was behind them both, trudging along the uneven ground, following after them when she stopped all of a sudden.

Chihiro turned back to her, "What's the matter Sakura?"

Sakura looked behind her and back at Chihiro again.

"Strange... I thought I heard my brother
calling after me.."

________________________________

And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed this Zakuro and Sakura birthday chapter 😅 sorry for how late I posted it, I had this idea for a long time so I hope you liked it!

Once again, Happy birthday to our favourite twins! ❤️