I'll Find You (Brother!Zakuro x Sibling!Reader)

Type: Slight Angst
Warning: Nothing other than the fact that NO THIS IS NOT INCEST
POV: Third-Person
Written By: fictionaltingz

It had been 2 years. 2 years since Sakura Oshigiri had gone missing. 2 years since (Y/N) had gotten to spend time with her. 2 years since Y/N had seen Sakura's ever-present smile that would grace her countenance. 2 years since Zakuro had spoken to her normally.

Ever since Sakura had gone missing, Zakuro seemed to dedicate his every moment, his every breath, to finding her. He was cooped up in his room all the time, reviewing the same information again and again. All he needed was the tiniest bit of proof that his sister was alive, and the police wouldn't close the case. Yet no matter how far he searched, no matter how many times he reread the same information, nothing changed. The case closed eventually, the police claiming that she had to be dead. But Zakuro kept investigating. He knew, in his heart, that his twin sister was alive. She couldn't be dead. There was no way she was dead. And so he continued his investigation on his own. Day and night, he searched near and far for any leads, any information, that would lead him to his sister. Neglecting his sleep, neglecting his health, neglecting his schoolwork, even neglecting his family.

(Y/N) Oshigiri. Younger than Zakuro and Sakura by 1 year. Despite this age difference, the 3 were as close as ever. Always playing together, basking in each other's presence. The day that Sakura disappeared, was the day that Y/N's life fell apart. Nothing mattered to (Y/N) more than them, and one of them was gone. At first, (Y/N) helped Zakuro as well, hopeful that maybe Sakura was still out there. But hope had started to slowly dwindle and die out. After the case was closed, Y/N found no reason to continue. The police had said she was gone. Who were they to claim against that? Zakuro continued despite (Y/N)'s pleas for him to stop, and soon enough, he began to drift away. He would wake up in the morning and go to school, and would immediately lock himself up in his room once he returned. Y/N was crestfallen. One of their siblings was missing, and the other just neglected them.

It was the morning of the fateful day. Y/N had grown accustomed to their brother's ways, his actions no longer affecting them. They'd left for school that morning, calling out a goodbye into the silent house.

After a tiring day, they'd returned home, the usual silence greeting them. Accustomed to the silence of the house, (Y/n) began their homework, tuning out everything around them. It was when dinner time approached that (Y/N) began to grow suspicious. The house was eerily quiet, with not even the occasional clunk or shuffle from Zakuro's room. (Y/N) shook their head, dismissing it as Zakuro taking a nap. They continued to make dinner, paying no mind to the odd feeling in their heart.

Night came around quickly, and that was when the worry set in. Normally, they'd leave a plate of food outside of Zakuro's room for him, and they would come to collect it before bedtime. Today, however, the plate was exactly as she left it, the food untouched and getting colder. (Y/N) let out a short breath, nervousness rushing through her veins.

"Onii-san, you didn't eat today, are you alright?" they called out. No response.

"Nii-san, I'm coming in now to check on you, please unlock the door," they said, lightly rapping their knuckles against the door. To their surprise, the door creaked open, revealing a dark room.

(Y/N) ran inside and turned on the light, searching for any signs of Zakuro. But he was nowhere to be found.

"Zakuro, this isn't funny, please come out and eat," (Y/N) said, her voice shaky. No response again. They could feel tears pricking at their eyes, fear filling their body. They fell to their knees, tears slowly leaking out as (Y/N) sobbed quietly. Sakura had disappeared, and now Zakuro too. (Y/N) was all alone again.

They picked themself up off the floor, wiping their eyes on the back of their sleeves. Slowly, (Y/N) walked over to Zakuro's desk, which was cluttered with papers and files. It may have been a chance that Sakura had gone missing, but both their siblings? There was no way this was a coincidence. Taking a deep breath, they began to read through the files, just as Zakuro had. If both their siblings had gone missing, they were bound to find the answer here. As they read though the files, (Y/N) made a promise to both her siblings.

"I promise I'll find you. I'll go to the ends of the world to find you and her again."

____________________________________________________________________

Zakuro laid in bed, unable to sleep. Whenever he tried, memories would flash through his mind, reminding him of his childhood. Sakura, the sister he let get away. (Y/N), who he'd neglected for so long. In the end, he'd let them both down. He shut his eyes again and shook his head remorsefully, before making a silent promise to them.

"I promise I'll find you. I promise I'll find her and come back home to you."

____________________________________________________________________
A/N Welp, I feel like I could've done better on this one (but my lazy self couldn't bring myself to rewrite it 😅). Hope you all liked that, even though it was actual garbage.