Happy Birthday Akki! - April 1st 2020-

Type: Short Story (No reader insert)
Warnings: Some swears
Written by; @rikkaxira4ever
POV: Third person

"Alright! Is everyone here?" Yuzu asked.

"Yeah.. I think so.."

It was early in the morning and everyone was gathered in the food storage room.

"Damn.. we're back here again.." Anya said, as he remembered the previous time the eight gamers gathered here, during the Mimicry-Man-eater stage.

"Don't go collapsing on us 'kay?" Kaikoku told him.

"Jeez I won't," Anya said, a little annoyed. He pointed to Makino, who was sitting against the wall, passed out. "Although Makino's the one you should be worrying about.."

"We can fill him in later." said Yuzu.

"Wait a minute.. not everyone's here." Himiko said.

"Yeah she's right," Kaikoku looked around the room, "Iride isn't here."

Yuzu stayed strangely calm, which was weird given on how she feels about Iride. "I planned this meeting to be the way. We won't be needing him."

Her voice sounded serious, which put the gamers a little on edge.

"But why?" Karin asked.

"The reason I gathered you all here this early in the morning is to discuss the plans for a very special occasion."

"Which is..?" Zakuro asked.

Yuzu readjusted her glasses. "Today, on this very day, is Akki's birthday.

.

"Wait really?" Anya asked bluntly.

"Wait, why are you surprised?" Karin asked him, "Aren't you two friends?"

Anya merely shrugged, "He probably mentioned it one time, or something."

Zakuro turned to Yuzu. "How come you know about it whilst the rest of us don't?"

"It's quite obvious. I know everything about Akki." Yuzu said with a smile.

Anya looked at her in doubt, "Are you even sure it's today?"

Yuzu grew serious once more. "Positive."

Her mood instantly changed when she began once again, "Anyways, I wanted all of us to throw him a surprise party to celebrate!" She beamed.

Himiko smiled, "That sounds like fun! I'm sure he would like that!"

Zakuro on the other hand looked a little uncomfortable. "S-Sure.." he agreed anxiously.

"Why are you getting all nervous?" Kaikoku asked him.

"Well, I have.. bad experiences with.. birthday p-parties.."

Kaikoku raised a brow. Everyone looked at Zakuro, interested to hear what he was going to say next.

Zakuro took a deep breath, "Well.. it all began on my tenth birthday.."

"And I was, you know, having a great time and everything...until..

..pin the tail on the donkey.."

"Dramatic much.." Anya commented.

Zakuro continued his story, "And you know, it was all fun and games.." He then started to get emotional. "But when it was my turn to go, everyone thought that it would be so funny to trick me into leading me away from the donkey instead of towards it!"