Day 19: Compliments || Karin x M!Reader

Type of story: Flufftober entry (with reader insert)
Written by: @rikkaxira4ever
Warnings: None
POV: Karin's POV

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥  。゚. ─────

Well, yet another typical day

We all just finished today's stage and we're heading back to Genome Tower. A simply RPG, not anything too complicated. That alpaca pelt has lately been hitting us with all sorts of games, thankfully this stage was easier.

Like I've previously said, we were all making our way back to the tower. Akatsuki decided to volunteer to collect the chromosome we earned. How typical of him. Jeez, that boy has no sense of caution at all! I swear, his brain is only made up of sunshine and pandas.

Yuzu was upfront, leading our group. Accompanied by Onigasaki-san, the two chatting away. Seems like they were their own mysterious duo. Meanwhile, Oshigiri-san was walking alongside Aikawa-san, probably to make sure Aikawa-san doesn't fall over. The eyebrowless freak was trudging along behind them, Himiko nervously glancing over at him. He seemed to be in his usual sour mood, not that that's new.

I was at the back of the group, my hands glued to my elbows because of the cold. Midway October and the weather was unexpectedly as fierce as ever.

"You okay there Sarayashiki?" A voice in front of me called.

I looked up to see one of our other members of our group. Y/N. He had his hands inside his jacket pockets, his gaze fixed on me.

Y/N is much like Akatsuki in some cases. He's caring, reliable and tends to look after others before himself. Although he can be such an idiot sometimes. Which can lead him into all sorts of trouble, but he always responds with the same naïve, innocent grin he usually wears.

"A-Ah, I'm fine.." I replied rather shaky, "j-just a bit cold.."

At that moment, a wave of warmth enveloped around me. I found myself being covered by
Y/N's jacket.

"Better?" He asked me. His eyes resinating a kind glow.

With how unexpected he drew his coat onto me, I had no idea how to reply. I gave him a small nod.

He took my hand and lead me, whilst I gripped onto his coat, my mind basically freaking out in response. Y/N was so close to me, I even got an additional sense of warmth from him.

We all were starting to get closer to the tower. Y/N and I still were hand in hand. It felt awkward walking beside him like this, I felt like I at least had to say something.

Before I could speak, Y/N ended up beating me to it.

"By the way, you did really good in today's game." He said.

"E-Eh!? What do you mean?""

Y/N turned over to me and smiled, "The way you handled everything so calmly. You were so cool!"

"Gosh, I'm not all that great you know..."

Y/N tightened his grip on my hand, beaming, "You're great enough for me!"

An embarrassed blush spread across my face, "Jeez, stop embarrassing me, will ya?"

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥  。゚. ─────

Hey guys! Oh god it's been a while XD

I apologize for updating so very very late. All week I have been so focussed on my midterms (which have definitely been a struggle 😓) to update my entries. Same thing has been happening with fictionaltingz we've both been busy with school. BUT I finally got it done with and finished my chapters! ;w;

I managed to post three now, I just have to edit the final two i've missed and I'll post them as well. Thank you for your patience!! 🙏

I hope you enjoyed this story~!