Insomnia (Anya Kudou x Reader)

Type: Fluff
Warning: A swear or two cuz it's Anya
POV: Third-Person
Written By: @fictionaltingz

The wind whooshed and howled through 13th Avenue, ruining the silence. Far off in the distance, Genome Tower stood silently, seeming asleep. Everyone inside had fallen into slumber, except for Y/N. No matter how much she tossed and turned, she couldn't fall asleep. She tried her best to go to sleep, but she was shrouded in restlessness. A feeling of uneasiness settled over her. Would they ever escape this game? What would happen once they gained 1 million viewers? Why was Roromori-san so secretive? What was up with Iride-sama and Paca-san? Questions swirled in her head, clouding her thoughts and disturbing her. She shut her eyes and mentally yelled at herself. "Come one, Y/N. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow, and you'll have a pissy attitude in the morning if you don't sleep," she scolded herself. She tried counting sheep and taking deep breaths. But, alas, nothing seemed to work.

Y/N clambered out of bed and tiptoed to the kitchen, trying not to wake anyone up. Maybe a glass of water would settle her thoughts. She filled up a glassful and sat down on the couch, slowly sipping it. Slowly, little by little, the glass was empty. But she still didn't feel tired. Maybe if she got a breath of fresh air, she would feel better.

Y/N scurried to the balcony and quietly opened the door, stepping outside as the cool air washed over her. She closed the door behind her and looked out to 13th Avenue. The entire town was quiet, and it seemed as if someone had clouded the place in serenity. Y/N looked past and saw the beach. She laughed a little, a smile ghosting over her lips as memories came to her.

The beach was the first place Anya had taken her on a date, and they both had spent the whole day laughing and horsing around in the water. At the end of it all, Anya took her to a cafe, where they shared their first kiss. From that moment, they hit it off, now happily dating each other. Y/N never felt happier in her life when she was with Anya. Though he was still quite loud and rude, his personality had softened a bit.

He would silently eat his punishment peppers, not forcing them on Iride anymore. He wouldn't yell at Inaba-san as much when Punitsuki got into his helmet. He also wouldn't pick fights with Oshigiri-san as often. And to Y/N, he was the sweetest thing ever. He treated her like a queen and showered her with love, even if he called her a dumbass quite often.

Y/N shook her head lightly as she let out a little laugh before heading back in. Even though she savoured the moment alone in the cool air, she still wasn't feeling drowsy. Fed up, she decided to go to her last solution. Anya.

Y/N walked up to his door and silently opened it, stepping inside. She looked over to her boyfriend to see him fast asleep, which was quite unusual for him. She didn't want to disturb him, but at this point, she had no choice. She walked up to him and poked him lightly as she whispered to him. "Anya? Anya, get up, it's me Y/N." He didn't stir. She lightly pushed him and called to him once more. "Anya? Please wake up, it's me." He opened his eyes and let out a groan.

"What are you doing here, dumbass? It's like 3 in the morning," he groggily said.

"I couldn't sleep," Y/N said.

"And?" he responded, now slightly ticked off.

"Can I sleep with you here? Just for tonight," she asked.

Anya let out a grumble. Even if she woke him up early in the morning, he couldn't resist her cute face. He let out a sigh before speaking up again.

"Just come on," he grumbled, climbing back into bed.

"Thanks!" Y/N said, happily climbing in next to him.

She cuddled into his side as he pressed a light kiss to her forehead.

"Go to sleep, it's late," he said.

"Night, Anya. I love you," Y/N murmured.

"Love you too," Anya muttered, as they drifted off to sleep.

(A/N How was that? It's been a while since I've written anything relatively fluffy (or written anything at all), so this was kinda just some self-indulgence for myself. Constructive criticism is accepted, and please correct me if there are any mistakes. If you like this chapter, maybe leave a vote on this story. See you next time!)