Day 27: Pumpkin Spice || KarinYuzu

Type of story: Flufftober entry (without reader insert)
Written by: @rikkaxira4ever
Warnings: None
POV: Karin's POV

A/N: This oneshot is an AU where Karin and Yuzu are in the real world and they along with Iride and the others completed the game. General information of knowing the story of the anime and/or manga is needed. 

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

Well, this should be the place..

I find myself standing in front of a cute little coffee shop downtown, this fine autumn afternoon. Yuzu gave me a call earlier apparently wanting to invite me here to hang out. To which I accepted of course, and booked a train to this spot at our designated meeting time.

I might as well go in I guess.. I think to myself.

I push open the glass doors and find the smell of rich coffee beans and pastries filling the air. The place seemed to be quite decked out for the season. Pumpkin pies on display, cinnamon teas all arranged neatly on the shelves, the walls all consisting of decorative leaves and tiny pumpkins on the counters. It seemed like the perfect definition of fall.

Seated on a table by the window was Yuzu, waving towards me, indicating that I should come over. I smile awkwardly and make my way towards her.

"Karirin!!" Yuzu exclaimed as she jumped up from her seat, tackling me into one of her usual hugs, "It's been so long!!"

"I-It has been.." I reply, half suffocating in her hug, "You seem as lively as ever still.. It's good to see you."

She finally let me go and I sit down in front of her and we started chatting together, our chat quickly turning into just like old times.

A young waitress came by our table to take our order, to which Yuzu had answered. She had taken our menus and Yuzu and I resumed our chat.

After some time later, the same waitress came by our table once more, this time setting down the two coffee's Yuzu ordered. Two medium Pumpkin Spice Lattes, which are the highlight drink of fall.

"How's it going?" Yuzu asked me, "We really haven't seen one another in forever!"

"Going good." I answered, "Been some time since we chatted like this."

"It's has!" Yuzu gushed, "Have you been in touch with the others?"

"For the most part, yeah. Although everyone seems so busy nowadays, with the whole media uproar and our disappearances. But when I do get the chance, I do give them a call." I take a sip of my coffee, the burning sensation of the pumpkin and cinnamon, all tied together with the creaminess of the whip cream. It felt like pure heaven!

Yuzu nods and takes a sip of her own coffee, excitement and bliss flooding her face as she does. She sets the coffee down and smiles. "We should all come by here together sometime! Get the hang back together."

"Of course!" I beam in response, "We definitely should!"

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

And there you have it! I thought making an casual AU like this would be good for a coffee date. (writing this story really made me want a pumpkin spice tho XD)

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed~