The Thought that Counts (Day 11: Surprise Gift || KaiZakk)

Flufftober entry - Day 11: Surprise Gift ||KaiZakk
Type of story: Fluff
Written by: @rikkaxira4ever
Warnings: None
POV: 3rd person POV

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

"O-Onigasaki.." Zakuro called out, "could you.. um.. come out here..?"

"Hm?" Kaikoku looked over at Zakuro, "Sure."

Everyone was in the lounge, doing what they normally do for the day. Paca decided to cancel the games for today so everyone was having a rest day.

Kaikoku was just chilling on the couch with some kind of book he found and decided to read to kill time, when Zakuro timidly came up to him and asked to come with him out into the hallway.

Kaikoku didn't have the slightest clue as to what Zakuro would possibly need him for. But nonetheless, he set down his book on the coffee table and followed him outside.

Kaikoku closed the door behind them and the two of them stood facing one another in the corridor.

"So, what's up?" He asked.

Zakuro was avoiding eye contact with him, the reddest blush spread across his masked face. Kaikoku wondered what would make him this nervous? He seemed to fumbling with something in his pocket. A wrapped item.

Zakuro cleared his throat and pulled the item out of his pocket, "See uh.. w-well I err.." he tried to get the words to come out of his mouth but couldn't. Without realizing it, Zakuro was just sputtering out gibberish

Kaikoku couldn't bear looking at him struggle like this any longer. He held up a hand, indicating him to stop talking, "Alright Oshigiri, just.. take a deep breath, 'kay?"

Zakuro grew even redder than before, "U-Uh yeah s-sure.."

He breathed in just like Kaikoku had advised and gave it another try, "Erm.. Onigasaki.. I uh.. wanted to.. give you.. this.." he held out the wrapped item from his pocket towards Kaikoku

Zakuro averted his eyes away from him once more,"I thought.. you uh.. would like it.."

Kaikoku looked at the mysterious gift Zakuro held out to him and reached for it, a little skeptical as to why Zakuro wanted to give him a gift all of a sudden. He decided to shrug it off and take it as Zakuro doing something nice for him and opened it.

Whatever was inside that packet sure had an interesting texture. As Kaikoku began peeling away at the wrapping, the mysterious object grew softer and more squishier as he opened it. The more he kept unwrapping it, the more he felt suspicious..

Kaikoku managed to finally unravel the item to reveal a small tin of shiitake mushrooms. Kaikoku looked at the tin in dismay.

Yep, this is definitely a gift that someone like Oshigiri would give.

"G-Gee thanks.." Kaikoku managed to say, looking at the tin again, "you uh.. you shouldn't have.."

Despite Kaikoku's half hearted answer, Zakuro's eyes lit up, "I knew you would like it!! To be honest it was quite an interesting find! Shiitake mushrooms can be prepared in so many different ways, I'm surprised that I could find premium mushrooms like these-

And on and on Zakuro kept rambling passionately. All Kaikoku could do was plaster a smile on his face and nod his head, pretending to listen. Zakuro really did like mushrooms huh.

W-Well, it is the thought that counts...
Kaikoku thought to himself.

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

Ayee yet another entry done XD hope you guys liked that. Zakuro and his mushrooms, I swear XDD

Anyways, be sure to check out day 12's oneshot~