Day 9: Adopting a Pet Together || AkkiAnya

Type of story: Flufftober entry
Written by: @rikkaxira4ever
Warnings: None
POV: 3rd person POV

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

"Jeez, this is so annoying!!" Anya complained in frustration.

"Hang in there Anya-kun," Iride called back to him, "we're almost done anyway!"

Just a normal day in the forest, picking out herbs. Exactly what Iride and Anya would've thought they'd be doing this autumn afternoon.

Yuzu wanted Iride and Anya to go out to the forest to collect some plant samples. She thought they could come in handy if they need any for any future games. Especially since the forest is filled with so many exotic flowers and plants.

And so, here they were an hour later since they left. Scavenging the bushes in search of any plants that may be useful.

"Come on Akatsuki, we've been searching forever! What we have so far is already good enough. Let's head back."

"Hmm, alright." Iride replied.

Anya started to gather his things while Iride finished up extracting the last plant he found. Suddenly, he noticed something furry and fuzzy pass in the corner of his eye. He then heard a rustle in the bush near him. Curious, Iride knelt over to it.

Iride stuck his hands in the bush pushing away the leaves. He let out a gasp at whatever he found.

"Anya Anya!! Come over here! Quick!!" Iride called.

Meanwhile, Anya was busy organizing the samples they found into their baskets. Once he heard Iride's call, he left his work and headed towards him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Look how cute!!" Iride picked up a small calico cat from the bush and held it up for Anya to see, "it's a kitten!!"

"WH- AKATSUKI DONT JUST PICK IT UP!!" Anya yelled at him.

But Iride was too fixated on the cat to listen, He gently caressed its small body in his arms, admiring his patterned coat, "Hey hey Anya, can we keep him? Pleeeaase..?"

"NO WAY!!"

"Awww why nottt!?"

Anya sighed in annoyance, "Look Akatsuki, we just found that thing in the forest! We can't just randomly take him back to the tower!"

"But he's so cute! Besides he looks hungry, let's bring him back and feed him!!" Iride suggested, a glow in his eyes.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!?"

The cat jumped out of Iride's hands and made his way towards Anya, rubbing his small head against Anya's left leg.

"GAHH-!! WHAT THE HELL IS IT DOING-?!"

"Awww, I think he likes you Anya!" Iride grinned.

Anya blushed, embarrassed, "G-Get it away from me-!!"

Iride went over and bent down, picking up the cat once more.

Anya, still red-faced from that small incident, grabbed his bag and hoisted it onto his shoulders, "A-Anyway, no means no Akatsuki! We're just gonna have to leave him here!"

"B-But Anya..."

"I said NO."

Iride then had no choice but to resort to giving Anya puppy dog eyes. The small calico cat as well seemed have been doing the same.

Anya just stared at Iride, trying not to give in to Iride and the kitten's pouty eyes. He sighed, "Fine fine, we can keep him."

At that moment, the biggest smile grew on Iride's face. He turned to the cat, beaming, "I'm gonna name you Akki Jr.!!" Akatsuki told the cat happily as he scratched the bottom of its neck.

"OKAY IF YOU'RE GONNA NAME IT, AT LEAST GIVE IT A BETTER NAME!!"

─────・ 。゚♥: *.♡ .* :♥ 。゚. ─────

Aaaaand there you go! Hope you guys liked that!! I definitely had a lot of fun writing it XD

I mean technically by finding the cat and keeping it, it does count as adopting it right? 😏

Anyways, Stay tuned for what's gonna happen on day 10!!!