Fate D) (Continue The Story)

(TRIGGER WARNING: Blood, fainting, internal bleeding, some highkey gross stuff,  just some overall upsetting stuff like that. I really hope people do like this chapter, because the research I had to do on writing internal bleeding and fainting was pretty crazy. If I get something wrong, don't hesitate to tell me)

Your POV

A guard opened your door, pointing a gun at your head.

"Move and you die."

He said, voice bored, as if this was a natural occurrence for him.

Maybe it is.

You thought.

A second guard tossed someone into your cell, then the first slammed the door shut, before they both retreated down the hallway. This action registered a second too late in your mind to catch them.

You dove forwards to help your friend up.

Emma.

Her small body seemed frailer than the last time you'd seen her. It hit you just how young she really was.

Far too young to have gone through everything she has.

You couldn't even imagine what she and her brother must have suffered through for god knows how long. If Paul would hurt Emma so much with witnesses, you were terrified to think about what he might do while Kid and his mother was out.

Ah yes, Kid's mother.

Someone else who I wanted to help, and only succeeded in fucking up their life.

Now her two children were missing, and her insane partner was probably in the hospital.

Emma still smiled at you though, so obviously she still saw something in you worth smiling at.

"Hey."

She coughed. You smiled miserably.

"Hey Oklahoma."

You murmured. She laughed, before wheezing, as if it had hurt her. You helped her to her knees with some difficulty, as both of you had only one functional arm.

"How are you doing?"

You asked.

Stupid. Obviously very bad, which is my fault.

"I've been worse."

Emma said, before going into a coughing fit. You put a hand on her shoulder to steady her, and realized her skin was clammy.

"Emma?"

She continued to cough and wheeze. 

"Emma are you okay?"

She hacked another cough, before seeming to be able to breath again.

"Lightheaded."

She muttered. She blinked rapidly, before her eyes rolled back into her head, and she keeled over, unconscious.  

You caught her, and lay her down on her back, panic rising in your stomach. 

Your thoughts seemed to be trudging through honey, rarely actually making it to your body. 

Your breathing quickened. You practically smacked Emma's body with your hand, trying to check for a heart beat. For one terrifying second, it wasn't evident. You were vaguely aware of tears spilling down your face. Then you felt the telltale beat of a heart, and a breath you hadn't realized your were holding was exhaled.

You clutched the fabric of your shirt/dress/whatever in your hand, and tried to calm yourself. The tears kept pouring, but eventually your breathing slowed to a more normal pace.

"Guards!"

You cried weakly. They couldn't hear you. 

"What?"

Kid called, from somewhere down the hall. 

"Emma fainted."

You called back, mind starting to feel as numb as your arm.

There was a silence among the prisoners, and then everyone started yelling at once.

As everyone shouted advice, questions, and demands at you, you curled in your knees, and let out a fresh sob. 

"Wha-?"

You looked over, and saw Emma sit up, before clutching her abdomen in pain.

"What happened?"

She mumbled.

"And why is it so loud ?"

You laughed unhappily.

"You fainted."

Her eyes widened.

"Really? Woah. That's......not great."

"Guys! She's awake again!"

You yelled over the fray, but either nobody heard, or nobody had the dignity to frigging respond.

Emma retched, and coughed up what looked like coffee beans. She doubled over, holding her stomach. 

You felt some kind of red flag go off in the back of your head.

Coffee beans. I know this. If you cough up something that looks like coffee beans-

Emma coughed again, and this time there was a little bit of blood. 

Internal bleeding.

You were not equipped to deal with this. Hell, you weren't equipped to deal with any of this bullshit, and yet here you are.

"Guards!"

You screamed.

"GUARDS!"

Never had you been so grateful to see a smug faced, gun wielding guard in your life. In all fairness, you'd only started seeing gun wielding guards in the past 48 hours, best whatever.

"What?"

He said, his voice bored. 

"She's coughing up blood."

You said. His eyes narrowed.

"WHAT?"

He shouted, not hearing you over the chaos of your friends.

"I SAID,''

You screamed.

"SHE'S COUGHING UP BLOOD."

He nodded, finally hearing you. He looked at Emma suspiciously. She coughed extra pitifully.

The guard sighed. He pulled a two way radio out of his pocket, and said some stuff into it that you couldn't quite hear, although you got bits and pieces.

"No...........blood, she said.........but he said........no, but she isn't.......Jesus Christ, that woman-"

 But just then, someone said something that made the guard standing before you jump, before sighing heavily. He put the radio back in his pocket, and another guard came down the stairs.

The first guard began fumbling with his key ring (wow, very middle age-ish), and the second pointed a gun at your head (because I just haven't had enough of that lately). Eventually the former unlocked the door, and led Emma out. She staggered slightly, but eventually made it to the stairs, the guard at her heels. The second guard locked you back in your cell.

You sat down, and took a deep breath.

This is my life now.

You laughed a tiny bit.

Honestly though, it was a pretty good run.

And then something exploded.

(Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know that we have about two/three chapters left, and then we will have come to an end. Also, it's my birthday today, so that's cool)