Penny, Evil Mode Activated!

( Big shout out to @Emma_Kats, I really appreciate all the feedback you gave me. Also, love the funny comments. They MADE MY FRICKING DAY)

Your POV 

You were thrown off guard by the question.

"W-what? Who d-d'you mean?"

You asked, trying to shake the fear in your voice.

Penny was twitching slightly. Not just the normal buzzing, but visibly shaking.

"Penny, what's going on? Are you okay?"

Penny still held your gaze, although her eyes seemed to be tearing up.

"Please, (Y/N). I d-d-do not want to h-h-h-hurt y-you."

Penny whimpered.

"What's going on?" 

Monty said, doing an almost perfect impression of someone who is not being confronted by an Android with laser eyes.

"Penny's at the door, and, um, she's looking for someone."

You said.

"(Y/N), they are endangering your life. You need to bring them to me. P-please."

Penny said. Her voice trembled. Her eyes were now shining with tears, about to spill over.

"Who?"

You said, moving over to block her from darting inside.

"The brother and the sister, (Y/N). Lily and Billy."

Penny said sharply, trying to maneuver around you inside.

"Penny, I don't know anything! What is going on?"

You cried. It was a last ditch attempt to save your hiding friends.

"(Y/N), get out of the way!"

Penny shouted. It was the first time you'd ever seen her this angry, never mind shout. When she'd been partnered with Carla, she'd rambled, but she hadn't been like this.

In your surprise, she was able to shove by you, and get inside.

"Penny, get out. (Y/N) didn't let you in."

Monty said, very bravely, in all fairness.

Penny turned to glare at him.

"You never liked me, did you Montgomery?"

She hissed.

"You and your little group, always trying to take (Y/N)."

Monty's eyes widened, and you saw a glow coming from Penny.

"No!"

You shouted, throwing yourself at Monty. You knocked both him and his chair onto the floor, right as a beam of red light shot a clean hole through the couch-right where Monty's head had been.

"Holy fuck."

Monty gasped.

"Are you okay?"

You panted, pulling yourself off him.

He grinned crookedly at you.

"Yup, just got shot at, and tackled to the floor. Pretty routine by now, actually. Never better."

You gave a sigh of relief, before realizing your homicidal best friend was still behind you.

"Get out off the way."

Penny said. Her voice sound recorded, and a few octaves lower.

"No! Don't hurt him! He's my friend! Like you!"

You screamed.

Penny stopped.

"Friend. Friend. Friend."

She echoed, eyes still glowing, but looking considerably less murderous. 

"Best friend."

You whispered.

Penny's mouth was twisting between smile and snarl, and it was seriously creepy. She suddenly went stock still, and a shudder went through her body, before she collapsed on the floor.

You shot forwards, and grabbed her body. A terrible decision, you realized, as an electric shock hit you. Your hands were clamped around her, but you felt arms pulling you away.

You gasped in air, as Lily, Billy, and Nugget looked down at you.

"Is the Pretty (Y/N) alright?"

Nugget asked cheerfully, as if people being shocked by bodies was completely normal.

Hell, maybe it is for him.

"I feel like a burnt chicken nugget."

You groaned.

"Can you guys help Monty back into his chair?"

Lily and Nugget went to help Monty, but Billy stayed with you.

"You're weird."

He said, as if he'd finally decided.

"Mphf?"

You questioned.

He laughed.

"Yeah. I mean, you're lying on the floor, and you're still concentrating on everyone else."

"I mean, I'd like some help, but Monty is completely immobile without his wheelchair."

You snorted.

"Well, you seem pretty immobile too."

Billy observed.

"Just hush your mouth hole and help me up."

You mumbled.

Billy picked you up with surprising strength, and placed you back on your feet.

You immediately raced back at Penny's twitching body. Billy had to hold you back from getting shocked again.

"(Y/N), come on!"

Billy spat, holding your flailing body.

You went limp.

Heeeeee does have a point. I don't know how I would explain to a hospital what happened to me, if I got paralyzed from too many shocks.

"Fine."

You muttered.

You plopped down on the floor, and tried not to cry.

My best friend.

Is she...

gone?

You weren't sure you could call her dead, because robots aren't mortal, but she seemed about as close as a robot could be to dead.

"She can be fixed."

It was Kid.

Which was kind of sweet, because you knew how much he wanted to dance around, and kick Penny's corpse.

You gave him a rueful look.

"But if we do, she'll be a danger to us, and everyone else."

Kid put an arm around you.

"Not necessarily." 

He turned to a very uncomfortable Monty.

"Because he can figure something out."