Don't You Dare Die On Me

Your POV 

When he fell, you saw what had happened. He had a deep looking gash on the back of his head, which was THE SECOND HEAD WOUND ON A DAY YOU STILL HADN'T EATEN, ARGH. Lily dropped to her knees next to him, and started shaking him.

"Billy! Oh my god, Billy don't you dare die on me!"

She cried.

You put a hand on her shoulder, trying to indicate that you needed to move before someone else collapsed, but she shoved you off.

"Billy!"

She screamed.

"Get up, we need to go!"

Charlie shouted.

"Where? Where are we gonna go?"

Kid lashed.

"Back! Before anyone else dies!"

He retorted.

Lily turned to him, eyes full of horror.

"H-he- he's not- you don't know-"

She sputtered weakly.

You glared at Charlie.

"Of course he's not."

You snapped.

"And we need to get to that door, or nobody in this school will ever be safe again."

Kid added. 

This was not part of the plan, I don't think.

You thought ruefully.

"Penny, I have an idea."

You said, turning to look at her.

"Can you laser us a path to the elevator?"

You asked.

Penny gulped.

"I....I think so."

She said quietly.

"Okay, Charlie, Stevie, do either of you think you could carry Billy?"

You said, trying hard to sound less afraid than you actually were.

Stevie and Charlie exchanged a look.

"I probably can."

Charlie said after a while. You saw the uncertainty on the faces of both hall monitors, and you understood how they felt. They didn't want to leave the rest of you in this situation, but you could tell neither of them wanted to be here. In fact, Penny and Lily seemed to be the most determined out of all of you.

"Alright. Everyone, if you want to go back now, feel free, because this is probably your last chance. You can go, no questions asked, no hard feelings."

You said, hoping your voice didn't shake. You looked at all your friends. Lily, cradling Billy's unconscious body, Penny, twitching and shaking, Kid, holding onto Emma, Emma, making a brave face, Charlie, looking at the ground, Stevie, eyes wide in fear, and Monty, who was hopping from one foot to the other, as if testing that he could.

"You know that none of us are going to do that."

Stevie wisped.

Emma nodded fiercely, and Kid held her a little tighter. 

"No way. Emma, you are going right back up that tunnel right now, and you will wait for us to get back."

Kid snapped. Emma looked extremely offended.